Model Cars Magazine Forum

Come in Everyone! What's your 1:1?

This is my baby and my daily driver

1989 cadillac fleetwood/brougham hearse

myhearse-1.jpg

DSCN0890-1.jpg

And yes it's still a fully functional hearse though she's retired

DSCN0894-1.jpg

I also have a 1963 chevy C-20 longbed pick up but its in pieces and is currently getting preped for the four door conversion.

(no pics its TOP SECRET)

OH MY GOD

This is sexyness in car form

It's a heirloom. 1934 Rolls 20/25 with Alpe & Saunders coachwork. The car is unrestored original.

2530_01.jpg

2530_03.jpg

2530_04.jpg

This is my newer company car currently undergoing restoration:

VDP_Princess.jpg

And this is my newest company car, which I just bought:

ds42001.jpg

ds42004.jpg

Do I really have to mention, that they all require being scaled down?

So, Christian – are you an undertaker? Here's a shot which I think you've seen, since you commented on it, of a 38 Rolls Alpe hearse, which was used in a great 50s movie called "The Horse's Mouth" with Alec Guinness. I think you could make an excellent hearse out of the 1/16 Gunze Sangyo/Anmark/Revell Phantom III.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-1937-ROLLS-ROYCE-1-16-LARGE-SCALE-UNMADE-MODEL-/110573189861?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19beacfae5

20-25hearse.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

I

Do I really have to mention, that they all require being scaled down?

Hey Christian,

what do you mean by being scaled down? Are you meaning with regards to building a replica?

And I find it interesting that here in America, we have a hearse where you can not see the casket, and in Europe, it's in FULL view. I find it much prettier in full view.

Maybe I'm morbid.

David

Christian- Are those last two hearses Daimlers?

Only the last one is a Daimler DS 420. BVV9890 is a 1964 Austin Princess. But both of them have Woodall Nicholson coachwork.

So, Christian – are you an undertaker? Here's a shot which I think you've seen, since you commented on it, of a 38 Rolls Alpe hearse, which was used in a great 50s movie called "The Horse's Mouth" with Alec Guinness. I think you could make an excellent hearse out of the 1/16 Gunze Sangyo/Anmark/Revell Phantom III.

No, I'm not an undertaker, I'm a funeral director :D .

"The Horse's Mouth" hearse is still with us and now owned by a funeral home in Wales iirc. It also starred in at least two 'The Avengers' episodes and is still occasionally being used for film work.

There were (and are) several real Phantom III hearses, which I find amazing given the rarity and price tag of the car even when new. I actually prefer Phantom II hearses and am toying with the idea to use the Revell 1/16 kit as a base one day.

To make one in 1/24 is easy and cheap: all you have to do is to adapt the body of a Revellogram 1937 Ford van to a Testaleri Maharadjah of Raipur Phantom II and you end up with a very plausible Woodall Nicholson hearse.

Edited by Junkman

Hey Christian,

what do you mean by being scaled down? Are you meaning with regards to building a replica?

I mean that models should be built of them.

And I find it interesting that here in America, we have a hearse where you can not see the casket, and in Europe, it's in FULL view. I find it much prettier in full view.

This pretty much depends on where you are in Europe. Here in England they are glazed, so are they predominantly in southern Europe. Only when it is a Jewish burial, panels are inserted to hide the casket, or it is transported in the lower deck and the flowers and crests in the upper one.

However, in mainland Europe and Scandinavia, you will hardly ever see a glazed hearse. In many cases, they have very elaborate permanent curtains inside the windows, or they are simply panelled.

Sorry to get back to the main question for a minute. This is my 1951 Pontiac that I pulled out of a field last year where it had been sitting for almost 40 years. The car is 100% complete, but needs a lot of work. It actually fired up with compression on all cylinders so I will be keeping the Straight Eight in it. That's my little girl giving it it's first wash since the Nixon administration.

post-1290-024703700 1284566050_thumb.jpg

post-1290-071052100 1284566057_thumb.jpg

Not real big- 630 feet- it was built as a "River Class" boat- to the maximum practical size that can wind up the Cuyahoga in Cleveland up to the steel mills

Usually travelling a leisurely 14 mph or so on twin ALCO V-16 locomotive engines

I remember working at a warehouse in The Flats right on the Cuyahoga in 1988 & 89. I sometimes watched the barges inch their way up the river at an agonizingly slow pace, moving only a couple of hundred yards during my half-hour lunch break. Quite an impressive sight seeing some of those huge beasts from that close.

Here's mine. Nothing to brag about just a solid dependable daily driver 2003 Ranger with 66k miles. Original paint on everything but the tailgate and zero rust.

IMG_0320.jpg

Looks like a stripped down 4 cyl on the outside but has a 3.0 Vulcan V6, AOD and ice cold AC along with a Pioneer supertuner CD player.

oldscool

Edited by oldscool

Here's mine. Nothing to brag about just a solid dependable daily driver 2003 Ranger with 66k miles. Original paint on everything but the tailgate and zero rust.

IMG_0320.jpg

Looks like a stripped down 4 cyl on the outside but has a 3.0 Vulcan V6, AOD and ice cold AC along with a Pioneer supertuner CD player.

oldscool

I used to own one just like that, mine had the 2.3litre 4cyl. tailgate did'nt rust at all on mine, but the bottom of the doors did. there's a little drain plug on the bottom of the door, and if that gets plugged up it starts to rust.