Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Hey Bob... Not quite sure at the moment. I do have some small photo-etch wire tires I was possibly thinking of using but I need to take a look at them as they may not be the correct style of the ones I am thinking of but if I remember correctly I have a couple stiles of them.

Tim... Thank you... I originally thought about mounting it to the chassis tube but realized that was the wrong thing to do....lol. I also had to take in consideration that I didn't actually think about the placement of it when I did the chassis way back when and painted it so I had to be super careful when I glued it onto the already painted chassis. But am happy to have it done ;)

Dave... Thank you very much. You getting any bench time on your builds or your real '39?? we will have to catch up soon.

Mitch... Thank you on the hose clamps. They sure did.... Here are a couple of pictures I blew up so the quality isn't that good but the original picture quality was crapola to begin with. I have circled in red the hose clamps:

I was wondering about the hose clamps myself as I'm very familiar with how the AN fittings works since I help a friend as a mechanic on my his Super Comp Dragster.
But I thought you had it covered with all your research in the subject, it looks great.

Hello Hakan... Thanks, Looking at the reference pics that I had it showed that it had hose clamps and that's why I added them. Here are some straight hose barb fittings that I researched that it possibly could of been what they used. My assumption is that they would of used a -16 (1") or -20 (1-1/4") fitting. I could not find a -24, -28 or -32 fitting with the straight barbed

EARLS%20STRAIGHT%20-16%20FEMALE%20TO%20-

Straight%20Hose%20Barb%20Fitting%20-20AN

Aeroquip%20-12%20AN%20Socketless%20fitti

Thread%20sizes_zpsrzpvnu2t.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Seth... Thank you I appreciate the kind words.

Auistin... Thank you very much for taking the time to go thru all 200 pages. I know it was a lot to catch up on. I appreciate the kind words. I do have to ask where in North Dakota are you from? My family is from there. My dad grew up in Edmore, ND which was a very small farm town about 40 miles from Devils Lake.

Joe... thank you so much for the Bday wishes. Love the Minions. I had a great day other being at work it was a good one...lol Next year I will take it off and have myself a 3 day weekend ;). I am sure the pool looks good.

Austin...  Thanks.. Right on about attending NDSU. I was actually back in Fargo last summer for a family reunion and had a blast back there. Got to see NDSU... went to the Fargo Air Museum and most of all got to see family that I haven't seen in many years.

Tim... Thank you!! 

Bob.... I am hoping to have some sort of updates real soon. Yeah the minions went on strike, they said it was too dang hot and decided to take a trip to Van Nuys California to visit their cousins.....

I haven't been able to check in on this forum so much lately, but now that I caught up the new progresses on this thread, I have to say that WOW, you're doing an amazing work again! Everything is looking just right. That steering wheel is one of my favorite parts, the wooden parts together with those bolt ends really finish it off. And your light weathering is a great touch on many parts. Especially I like how the transmission and distributor cap look like. Very nice work!

Nikko... Hey Its great to hear from you my friend. I hope life and school is treating you well, also hopefully you are getting a little bench time in yourself. Thank you for the kind words. I am really pleased with how some of my recent items have turned out. I know they probably cold be better but at this point they are good enough for me...haha I just want to get it done to move onto my next project.

Dave... Thank you very much. I am super happy with the way the clamps turned out and just with that the company that made them were still around...lol. Now wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if I could find some Nitro-methane and burnt rubber from a burnout air fresheners and toss them under the display.... haha

Bob... Thank you for sharing your picture. I love it. I have only been able to find a hand full of pictures from when it ran back in the day. I think this may be only the 4th or 5th picture I have seen of it. The rest of the pictures I used for reference were pretty much the ones that Mr. Prudhomme had up on his snake racing web page.

• 2 weeks later...