Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Good Morning Brad...  thanks brother. You are right that this another small milestone . I think you are right that a light wash will finish it off. Hopefully I will get to do it tonight. I have some house chores that I put off over the weekendn that I need to do before I get bench time in tonight.

Brad that is so true with every step taken. It actually getting exciting again now that I can start detailing items. It gives a little bit of an idea on what things will look like together and makes me want to accomplish more on the build.

Scott... Thank you very much. I was debating if I should shoot some dull or semi gloss coat on it to seal the decal. But the decal needs some weathering added to it for sure.

Mike... Thank you. I am glad I decided to do the terminals the way I did. Honestly I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off.

Tim.... thank you very much. I really appreciate the kind words. But I don't think my parts stand a chance against your awesome machined parts :lol:. I am getting closer to having this thing done,  little by little the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

Seth... thank you for the date of the show. I am putting it in my calendar now. How cool would it be to.have.the car debuted at the NHRA Museum. Thank you for the kind words on this build.

Ok Fellas... I got a little more work done to the ignition box. I weathered the decal a little and then I added some heat shrink tubing to the hook up wires....

Here is the Decal with some weathering done to it:

Here is Heat shrink tubing added to hook up wires:

Here's the natural progression as I see it. On Monday, you've got your basic components. Tuesday comes and you've got it detailed.

Now, it's got all of the bells and whistles necessary to make it look as realistic as humanly possible. How am I doing so far?

I have a sneaking suspicion that when it's mounted, we won't be able to tell the difference from a 1:1.

All Hail Brother Chris.

Joe.... Thanks Buddy. I think you did good describing things...lol I am sure that you would be able to tell the real thing against this attempt at it. I know this doesn't compare to the real thing.

Brad.... Thanks brother.. I don't think it's that good... lol

Hakan.... Thank you very much. 

Randy D... Thank you my Friend..... I am getting there little by little and feel I am making a small dent in things. I can't wait to have more of her done. It's great to see here and getting some building done yourself.

Joe... Thanks buddy.. I never though it would get to 200 post.... Let's hope that it won't see another 200 before its done... :lol::lol:. I would like to see it done sooner so I can start on some other builds. But It's getting closer to the finish line.

Alright Fellas... It's that time for another quick update. I did get some bench time in over the weekend but it wasn't as much as I was hoping for. I had some Crapola happen over the weekend. We had 115-117 degree weather here over the weekend and well my A/C took a Crapola on me. It's currently barely running and my house has been 88-90 degree's inside. Not fun if any of you have experienced this...lol. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the A/C guy will be able to fix it tomorrow and get it cooled back down so I can hit the bench. It needs to be charged with Freon and I am going to have them add some Dye with some sealer inside so if there is hair line crack that it's leaking from that it will plug it. So It's been a little tough to be in the mood to build when it's been this warm. I had something pretty cool I wanted to start this weekend but never got to it. Ok enough about my issue's with my house.

I did sit down and got to work on the transmission and a little bit of the fuel system. Now it's not very much but I won't complain since I am making forward progress. Here is a few pictures of what I got done....

So I got my Trick Titanium Decals put on as well as and SFI decal that is a little tough to read but I know what it is, so that's all that matters right?...lol:

Well After seeing the decals basically pop off the bell housing, I had to give it a little weathering to tone it down a bit. At the same time I decided to weather the transmission blanket because it looked too clean to me. I think it now has a better look to it:

Here is a shot of the Max Torque decal with some weathering added to it:

So Then I decided to work on the main fuel line a little bit and I got some heat shrink tubing placed over the bent brass tube and heated it down to shrink onto the brass tube. I think it turned out pretty good and looks like a rubber hose:

Next I placed the R/B Motion hex nuts from one of the A/N Fittings packages that I have. They still need to be painted with a clear blue to represent the blue Anodize. And then I also have Hose clamps that I will be adding to the Main fuel like as well:

Here I had to mock up the hose in the chassis to see how it would look. I think it should fit the bill pretty good but will look way better once I get the paint and hose clamps on:

Brad... Thank you Brother for doing the art work in these decals for me. They turned out great. I can't wait to get more done on the fuel line. As far as the A/C goes I sure hope my A/C guy can squeeze me in theor schedule today. He is supposed to call and let me know.