Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Johnny Bravo.... Thanks but I think you  may need to start wearing Depends... :P:lol: Only Kidding :D

Art... Thank you very much.

Brad... Thank you. feels good to get some bench time in again.

Jason... Thank you.

Fredrick... Thank you for the kind words. Its appreciated.

Bill... Thank you. I wasn't sure how last weeks game was going to go but glad they pulled it off. I didn't expect it but was hoping that they would win their home opener in their new stadium. Now hopefully we can do good against Carolina.

Joe... Thanks.

Dave... Thank you. I am working on more plumbing stuff as we speak.

Sflam... Thanks

Randy... Thank you very much. But you know I do need to step up my Brass game big time to be like you ;)

Jim... Thank you very much.

Well Fellas.... I am hoping to have some sort of an update possibly today. I have been doing a little bit more on the engine plumbing and have some more pieces to scratch build and make. So stay tuned B)

Alright Fellas... Time for another update on what I have been working on since Friday Evening. I got more of the fuel system sorted out and did some scratch building. Some of it was tedious work and drove me nuts. But all of the hard work will pay off once I get to paint the parts...lol  Alright I won't waste any more time talking, Let me show you the parts...

I started by making a Check Valve to the Hi Speed side of things and here are all the parts that make it up:

Next I made a Hi Speed T-Fitting, here are the parts... the brass parts will be soldered together and the nut will be glued to it when finished:

Here is all of the components laid out showing each part. The parts consist of Scratch build items and fittings and pieces used from RB Motion:

And now here area all of the parts Mocked up in the Chassis. and before anyone says anything. I purposely left some of the lines long on the A/N fitting for mock up purposes and so that I wouldn't lose any of the parts. I sorta crimped the ends so pieces would not fall off. They will get trimmed to the appropriate length and glued in place once painted:

Here is another Angle:

Here are a couple pics of the Real car that I was using for reference:

Wow Chris, just checked in on this build after a few months away....That is some INSANE detailing on the fuel lines/barrel valve....All I can say is you must have 20/20 hawk vision and an incredibly steady set of nerves in your hands!!....I can get fairly detailed, but I would go BLIND attempting what you are doing....Incredible to say the least!!

LH

Joe... Thanks buddy.

Art... Thanks, It's appreciated.

Jason... Thank you very much. I didn't know if I could do some of these parts, I pushed myself to try...lol I know they could be way better though.

Bob.. Thank you very much.

Scott... Thank you for following along.

Bob... Thank you.

Johnny Bravo... Thanks Brother! 

Fredrik...  Thank you for checking things out.

Scott... Thank you my friend.... it may be another feather in the cap but I think I pulled way too many out trying to do all of this...haha

Mike... Thank you. Oh trust me I am wearing an Opti-visor and sometimes with readers underneath them as well as using my tweasers... lol

Brad... Thank you. It was definitely a challenge. I have about 20 hours in everything you see here. there was a lot of trial and error and well just some of it took way longer than I thought...lol

Dave... Thank you very much. Hey on a side note are you guys doing the Mezzanine extension at my company by chance??

Michael... Thank you very much. Feel Free to save any of the pics that may help for reference and if you want to know exact details, I will do my best to explain what I did.

Lee... Thanks, I appreciate you checking in. Oh I don't have 20/20 Vision any more. I practically build all of these small details with my Opti-Visor.... not sure I could do it with out it...lol. I just hit 41 and it sucks because my vision up-close is no where close to what it used to be. I need to wear prescription readers now and have had to accept it....lol

Seth... Thank you.