Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been driving this for 9 years. Half of that time I felt groovy because of that slightly nose down stance, only to find out both front suspension coils were busted in two and three pieces. It didn't collapse altogether because the broken parts were wedged against the upper arms. Naturally Ford's replacement coils put the nose high and dorky. The service shop refused to shorten them for me. And would you believe I've been stopped twice and ticketed once for window tinting, with only that much tint.

Mustang5.jpg

Here was my pride and joy, 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport coupe. Only had 30-some thousand miles on it when it met its demise. Had over 6 grand wrapped up into various upgrades and the only work I didn't do myself was install and paint the body kit and replace the engine when an after market steel-braided line burst for my oil pressure gauge.

post-4887-0-95682400-1302413050_thumb.jp

post-4887-0-73055200-1302413076_thumb.jp

I still have my Pontiac. Just before Christmas I teraded off my Austin- Healey Sprite for a fresh engine in the Poncho. The guy I bought the car from did the swap, and I couldn't be happier. I look at it this way- it's a fifteen year old car with 140,000 on the clock. I now have an engine with 90,000 miles. It looks good, drives and rides nice, handles well, I average 23 mpg (that K&N filter really works!) and best of all, it's paid for. Last fall I had a new stereo put in that's MP3 compatable. Now I can carry my entire collection of CD's in a device that's the size of a saltine.IMG_5578a.jpg

Edited by Harold

I still have my Pontiac. Just before Christmas I teraded off my Austin- Healey Sprite for a fresh engine in the Poncho. The guy I bought the car from did the swap, and I couldn't be happier. I look at it this way- it's a fifteen year old car with 140,000 on the clock. I now have an engine with 90,000 miles. It looks good, drives and rides nice, handles well, I average 23 mpg (that K&N filter really works!) and best of all, it's paid for. Last fall I had a new stereo put in that's MP3 compatable. Now I can carry my entire collection of CD's in a device that's the size of a saltine.IMG_5578a.jpg

What year of pontiac is that asI own a 94 that has probably 150000 on it and it still gets around 30 MPG. it still all stock. Gave it to my oldest daughter to drive

Come on... 30 MPG on a '94 Pontiac? B)

That could be possible. My better half's 1990 Thunderbird would still be getting around 28 MPG if the body didn't rot away from around the engine!!

Don't see why not, my folks Town and Country Touring (and it's around 4400lbs on it's own!) will get well into the 20's on the interstate with 4 people and their luggage on board........as well as one of my RC's usually :P

Edited by Joe Handley

Come on... 30 MPG on a '94 Pontiac? :lol:

Yes Bought it from my sister they had bought it back in 94 and said it always got that kind of mileage.Drovr it myself for 4 months anit was consistently at the 30 MPG.. That Gran Sport I posted is A 95 And it gets 28 MPG

Mine has the 3.1, and combined city and highway is 23 mpg. If I drove freeway miles exclusively, 30 mpg would not be out of the question. The car only weighs 3300# (300 less than a new Mustang, 700 less than the new Camaro and Challenger, and 2500# less than a Tahoe. We've forgotten how to build rationally sized vehicles in this country for the last decade or so) Heck, my '84 Continental sedan (the baby Lincoln) with the 302 would pull down 26 mpg on the interstate.

Here's my fun cars

Bertha-vi.jpg

48 Chevy Stylemaster Street Rod

Picture042-vi.jpg

57 Buick Century Riviera

86Corvette-vi.jpg

86 Corvette

The 48 Chevy has a 350, 700R4 trans, 12 bolt 3:23 gears, A/C, Chassis Engineering front and rear suspension, and Black Cherry Paint

The 57 Buick is all original, my Dad bought the car in 1964 it is all original and has never been painted only 78,000 miles. Has Factory Air, Power windows, power seat and wonderbar radio. I've had it since my Dad passed in 96.

The Vette is all original. I bought it on Ebay 11 years ago from the original owner in California. We flew to San Jose and drove it home that's a real car guy vacation. It has a Tuned Port 350, 4+3 Transmission, 3:07 Gears. Just a fun car to own.

I'd like to ad to the S10/sanoma craze. This has been my daily driver for the last 2 1/2 years, Ive racked up more then 95000 km, it takes a beating and asks for more. By the end of the month it will be replaced by a more fuel efficient and free 92 Passat,

02 Chev S10, 205k, 4.3 v6, 4l60 auto trans and fuzzy red cuffs :D

IMG_0249.jpg

And to scare the local tuners my dream car, a 72 camaro 350 sbc, auto with cross eyed stripes (original owners fault), currently being duplicated in plastic form.

IMG_0223.jpg

Come on... 30 MPG on a '94 Pontiac? :D

I drive a 2000 Subaru legacy. Someone told me they got 30 mpg in theirs. So, for the next 6 months, I documented and tracked my mileage. I drove a lot of open highway miles (Eastern Washington state) and the result? At best, 24 mpg. Factory sticker said 28. I think if people keep a close look, those numbers go down pretty quick.

I drive a 2000 Subaru legacy. Someone told me they got 30 mpg in theirs. So, for the next 6 months, I documented and tracked my mileage. I drove a lot of open highway miles (Eastern Washington state) and the result? At best, 24 mpg. Factory sticker said 28. I think if people keep a close look, those numbers go down pretty quick.

There's no way an old Pontiac gets 30 MPG. Very few new cars TODAY can get that kind of mileage, and a car with 1990s technology is obviously NOT going to get better mileage than today's cars.

Show me proof. B)

What year of pontiac is that asI own a 94 that has probably 150000 on it and it still gets around 30 MPG. it still all stock. Gave it to my oldest daughter to drive

According to the EPA the mileage rating for '94 Pontiac GP (6 cyl, 3.4 L Automatic 4-spd) is 15 city, 24 highway.

Show me your 30 MPG example... :rolleyes:

According to the EPA the mileage rating for '94 Pontiac GP (6 cyl, 3.4 L Automatic 4-spd) is 15 city, 24 highway.

Show me your 30 MPG example... :rolleyes:

Cuz we ALL KNOW... those EPA figures are undisputable and right on the money, 100%, every time... :P:P:P:P:P

Anywhoz, here's one I picked up since last time. '89 Ranger, 2.3, 5-speed manual, 2wd. Got it for free. I think I was screwed on that deal. :lol:

1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

7-vi.jpg

Cuz we ALL KNOW... those EPA figures are undisputable and right on the money, 100%, time

EPA figures are actually always too high. Actual mileage, as stated in my post regarding my Subaru, is less, sometimes considerably.

I used to have an old ford ranger - picked it up at an auction, drove it for years with nothing but a $120 timing belt replaced. Four cylinder automatic - two speeds, slow and slower.

Cuz we ALL KNOW... those EPA figures are undisputable and right on the money, 100%, every time... B):o:D:D:D

Anywhoz, here's one I picked up since last time. '89 Ranger, 2.3, 5-speed manual, 2wd. Got it for free. I think I was screwed on that deal. :lol:

6-vi.jpg

If it came with the 3 quarts of oil....you got a good deal :P

Nobody drives freeway miles exclusively.

I dunno- a 400 mile cruise into south-central Ohio would do it. Most of the energy is used to get a car rolling. On a run like that, at a steady 70 mph, with one stop at a rest area, it would be possible. Just send me money for two tanks of gas :DB):P (there and back, you understand) and I'll post the results :D .