Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets Build some Models

I can't keep silent anymore. Every time I see someone say, "let's go build a model" means to me that they don't like a certain thread and are telling people to shut up. This is one of the lamest comments ever to appear on model car forums.

1. A few members, but not all (and I suspect less than half, based on postings I see) of the enthusiasts who participate here, are actively building models. This forum is for an exchange of ideas, experience, knowledge and opinions, and of course takes people away from the workbench. Are people who are not building to be excluded from this forum?

2. To say," let's go build models" in a forum such as this says to me that we should be devoted to building models and not wasting our time discussing issues on the forum. So, why is there a forum?

3. Ban me, suspend me, whatever. But delete this at the peril of your cojones.

Skip, I think you took Romell's post all wrong. We are not telling everyone to shut up. Not even close. We want to see more models, so we can get more ideas. I really don't know where that train of thought came from, and I think that's the problem here. Sometimes people misinterpret what someone else says. We can't read body language, or smiles, (with Danno's endless supply of them), and sometimes we just don't get what someone is trying to say.

So yes, go build models.

And tell us about them.

Stop the bickering, we are losing good members here because of it.

Now that is a die hard fan! :lol:

I got hooked on RC as a kid. A lady I did lawn work for had a gazillion 8 packs of 16 oz bottles in the rear entry where they kept the mower. She told me take all I wanted. Well I would drink maybe 1 when I mowed. She asked why I don't drink more and said I didn't want to drink it all up. She said stop and take a bottle any time you want and if she was home knock and she would give me a cold one out of the fridge! I would stop every day after that! Found out her husband was a route delivery driver for RC and got all he wanted for free!

Yep, they still have the sales going all the time here too! B)

Think I'll go build a model now! ;)

See, I thought you guys were talking about R/C cars. I was thinking how cool is that.....

OH well, just goes to show you....

See, I thought you guys were talking about R/C cars. I was thinking how cool is that.....

OH well, just goes to show you....

LOL I was into R/C planes when I was in High School but never got into the car thing that has been the rage for a while! Was big here for 5 or 6 years and then just fizzled out leaving a lot of guys with some high priced toys and nowhere local to run them.

Now slot cars have made a come back here! They opened a place just down the road from me.

I was into that back in the 60's and was building brass sidewinder chassis for 1/24th scale bodies. Worked as a track marshall for track time. But alas the place burned down and that was the end of that local fad.

Skip, I think you took Romell's post all wrong. We are not telling everyone to shut up. Not even close. We want to see more models, so we can get more ideas. I really don't know where that train of thought came from, and I think that's the problem here. Sometimes people misinterpret what someone else says. We can't read body language, or smiles, (with Danno's endless supply of them), and sometimes we just don't get what someone is trying to say.

So yes, go build models.

And tell us about them.

Stop the bickering, we are losing good members here because of it.

Well said, thank you, and I appreciate the fact that you quoted my original, deleted post to bring things back into perspective

Perhaps the original subject could have been phrased better, as well as my response - I'll just say that I regret the cojones part, but you know how it goes when umbrage builds while composing a post.

So, let's build, let's interact - not always in that order - and let's eat a lot less popcorn.

But don't edit this place to death and end up with the drab pablum of the other major forum.

Edited by sjordan2

That would be a first would it not Chuck??? You never "just assemble" anything!!! :lol:

Well, I usually take a kit, break it down into even more parts, mix it up with parts from other kits and scraps I scrape out of the grease trap in my sink, then assemble all those parts. That's just 'assembly', right? :P

And now, for something on a more serious note (and just my two cents worth).

During the time that I have been a member of this forum, I was nearly driven away due to the antics of those who shall remain nameless and because I have chosen not to remember their names. Some of the reasons I joined this forum was to learn from others and to show my builds. Rommell's call for us to go and build some models is just that...let us go and build (or assemble) some models! If the actions of others who want to disrupt this forum continues, I have no qualm about leaving this forum as I have no need to see or hear their nonsense. Everyone practically shouts just how great this forum is and I have seen a lot of great work done here and have been influenced by some of the builds (and builders) on this forum. But, there are times...

So, I echo Rommell's call to go and build some models, and maybe I can finish something in the process!