Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 years later...

I'm joining this a bit late, but I thought I'd put in my two cents worth. Last year I looked at the Dart, the 500C and the Charger. Of the first two the interiors were too cramped, which I found surprising as I've had two Omni 4 doors. Of the Charger the B post sits directly to my left blocking all of the side views unless I constantly lean forward. Finding cars that fit a 6' 5" frame isn't easy, but I found this...

12ChallengerSXT04_zpse7441a5e.jpg

Rated 18/27, but I get 20/31 and have gotten as high as 38mpg on a road trip below Custer, North Dakota last year. V-6 with enough power (305hp) to blow the doors off of an Infinity Q-ship.

Thinking of trading it for a '15 Challenger 5.7 Hemi R/T. Black of course.

Edited by darquewanderer

They are called Convertibles Harry , just a bit cold in the winter. LOL

When you're 6' 7", it's not headroom you need... it's legroom.

Full size trucks and SUVs...I have a couple friends that are that tall, that's what they drive...

I'm not a "full size truck" or "SUV" sort of guy. I prefer sporty coupes... ;)

When you're 6' 7", it's not headroom you need... it's legroom.

I'm not a "full size truck" or "SUV" sort of guy. I prefer sporty coupes... ;)

In the Chicago climate, I'd want an SUV. Save the sporty coupes for summer use...(that's what I did in Michigan and Colorado--SUV daily driver and the fun cars for nice weather).

Edited by Rob Hall

In the Chicago climate, I'd want an SUV. Save the sporty coupes for summer use...

Believe it or not, my Mustang GT is my year round car. I've lived here all my life (except for the first year, which was in Springfield, IL) and have never needed an SUV to navigate winter. Been driving since I was 16 and never once in an SUV. ;)

Believe it or not, my Mustang GT is my year round car. I've lived here all my life (except for the first year, which was in Springfield, IL) and have never needed an SUV to navigate winter. Been driving since I was 16 and never once in an SUV. ;)

I like the traction and ground clearance of an SUV...I think it would be too easy to get stuck w/ a Mustang, and the exposure to the salt...I kept my Mustang GT (and BMW M3 when I had it) garaged in the winter..

The '60's Dodge Dart...

was a dull, boring, bread-and-butter compact car that didn't look much different from any of its competitors.

The modern Dodge Dart...

is a dull, boring, bread-and-butter compact car that doesn't look much different from any of its competitors.

Same as it ever was.

And please, don't start rattling off all of the "exciting" Darts of the past like the GTS- those made up a tiny percentage of old Dart sales. The majority of them were basic transportation. You were more likely to see an earth-tone, low-option Slant Six driven by some little old lady than a performance model.

B)

And please, don't start rattling off all of the "exciting" Darts of the past like the GTS- those made up a tiny percentage of old Dart sales. The majority of them were basic transportation. You were more likely to see an earth-tone, low-option Slant Six driven by some little old lady than a performance model.

Yes, but the performance model was available. B)

Yes, but the performance model was available. B)

Yes, and the new one has a performance model or two..I think there is an SRT version coming. Not that there is anything wrong w/ the boring versions--vanilla is the biggest market niche--selling lots of vanilla enables companies to make the spicier models...(make mine Jalepeno Chocolate Peanut Butter).

Yes, and the new one has a performance model or two..I think there is an SRT version coming. Not that there is anything wrong w/ the boring versions--vanilla is the biggest market niche--selling lots of vanilla enables companies to make the spicier models...(make mine Jalepeno Chocolate Peanut Butter).

Exactly. I just don't see why some people elevate an entire car line just because one or two performance models offered are remembered fondly.

Yes, same with Novas..there were the SSes, but most were plain 6 cyl basic transportation.

And if Chevrolet replaced the Cobalt or Cruz or whatever they're calling their compact this week with a car called Nova, just imagine the outcry.

"Oh, such a boring car, nothing at all like the old Yenkos or SS 396. Gah! How could they disgrace the Nova legend like that?"

And if Chevrolet replaced the Cobalt or Cruz or whatever they're calling their compact this week with a car called Nova, just imagine the outcry.

"Oh, such a boring car, nothing at all like the old Yenkos or SS 396. Gah! How could they disgrace the Nova legend like that?"

That would be just the fogies, though...most new car buyers wouldn't make any connection like that. Like the Malibu of today...basic 4dr midsize, just as they were 40, 50 years ago at the core of the model (though they had more bodystyles and engine options back then). Or the Impala--4dr full size.

Edited by Rob Hall

They could call it a "SuperNova" and have it designed to explode bigtime on impact.

No, wait...that's a Ford trademark, isn't it??