Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Citroen 2CV

Chillyb1

Basically out of the box. Tamiya TS German gray, I think. The kit really captures to the look of this car. It has a funky suspension that mimics the real version to great effect.

DSCN2322.jpg

DSCN2320.jpg

DSCN2328.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

DSCN2327.jpg

I was able to take better photos today that more accurately reproduce the actual colors of the model.

Edited by Chillyb1

Is it just my eyes or did you slightly weather/grime it a lil' bit ,wheels look awesome,just right...

Not just your eyes and I'm glad you noticed. I did try to very subtly weather it. Tires got sidewall dullcote, lots of washes of thinned Tamiya smoke, some weathering pigments underneath and on the exhaust, plus some lightly airbrushed Tamiya acrylics in dust and dirt colors.

Thanks, everybody, for the comments. I consider this a rough draft of this kit. I have three more of them and will be able to improve build quality a bit with each one. There are some frustrating things about the kit that I'll be aware of next time. Oh, and I highly recommend the kit to anyone with the slightest bit of interest in the subject. I know Revell's recent release of the 2CV is supposed to be a very high quality kit, but I'm sure there are ways in which this Tamiya version is still superior.

Have both the Gunze version of this car and the new Revell Germany kit. If I can figure out away to make corrugated plastic I'll turn one of the kits into the Citroen 2CV panel van.

First, take that Gunze version and pitch it into the trash; that's all it is good for. And second, I was cooking up a plan to do the same with this kit. Those little fourgonnettes are very cool and I'd very much like to build one. I don't have much in the way of scratch building skills, but it seems like a fairly simple conversion. Something like this shouldn't be too difficult:

2CVFourgonnette.jpg

Beautiful job, wonderful paint. The yellow headlights are a nice touch of accuracy.

As for corrugated plastic, Evergreen or Plastruct have them, but I don't know the size ranges. Check your hobby store; may be in the model train section with all the other textured styrene sheet, rods, etc.

Edited by sjordan2

thats so nice, it makes me want to go pull mine out and start it. love that detailing underneath and you are right about capturing the undercarriage perfectly. somehow i am trying to think of how to put a 409 or something in it!

Nice 2CV. i've got one unbuilt that i've yet to decide how to build it.

If I can figure out away to make corrugated plastic I'll turn one of the kits into the Citroen 2CV panel van.

Get a paper crimper tool. it would either have to be thick foil or cardboard, but that's what people are using for corrugated iron for roof.

Paper-Crimper_product_main_large.jpg

Edited by kruleworld

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, beautiful work, Wesley, especially on the chrome trim. This looks like the version that Billy Joel wrecked a few years ago.

billyjoelcarcrashpic.jpg

Thx :)

yes that is my example but of course accident-free :))

I try also to put smd leds inside the headlights , backlights , blinkers .... i will post a image when he is finished ..

Greetings

thats so nice, it makes me want to go pull mine out and start it. love that detailing underneath and you are right about capturing the undercarriage perfectly. somehow i am trying to think of how to put a 409 or something in it!

What's the hold up?

citroen-2cv-dragster-1.jpg

Edited by Junkman