Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Okay, I give up.

What is The Midway spyhunter 2?

spy.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....iki/SpyHunter_2

I got the kit free with the purchase of PS2's Spy Hunter 2 by Midway from TRU (all total $19.99 plus tax!). The car is a Saleen S-7 that I put in storage along with the Delorean from BTTF and had completely forgot about them. The Saleen kit is a metal body kit similar to the "Fresh Cherries" and Maisto kits, and goes for about $75 ~ $100 on fleaBay now. I may scratch off the logo from the bottom rails of the car and just build it as a Saleen though.

Edited by Drake69

From Local Model Car Contest here in Finland...

P3030107.jpg

-2 Trumpeter Display Cases

-'32 Ford Roadster (as a prize)

-2 Fuel Cells

-Air Cleaners for the Cannonball Chrysler

-Pro Comp Tachometer

-Micro Set

-White Putty

-And some Resin wheels

-Holley Electric Fuel Pump

-My dad bought '60 Impala HT with MY Money for my little sister. She's building it now with lots of inspiration. ;)

Stopped by the only Hobby Shop we have in my area, and picked up the following:

Testors Acryl Semi-Gloss Clear Bottle. (Need a semi-gloss overcoat for the engine and interior of the car I'm building now).

Testors Model Master Semi-Gloss Black Enamel. (My bottle is getting low).

Testors Model Master Insignia Yellow Enamel. (For the shocks on the '88 Corvette I'm building).

Squadron Green Putty. (So I don't have to use superglue and baking soda as putty. Have been used to using Bondo for the MDF/Woodworking stuff I've done before, but it's too much of a hassle for model car building and I've heard great stuff about Squadron Green).

Cheap synthetic paint brushes. (Needed a few more, and for $2.00 these are good enough for the purposes I would need to use them for).

Plastic Bulb Pipettes. (Needed some of these to get paint from bottles into the feed-bottle of my next item on here).

Testors Model Car Spray Kit 9215. (I saw this right above where the paints were being sold and with the $10 coupon I had, this only ended up costing me about $9.00 total. So I figured, why not? It includes a can of propellant, five different Testors Acryl paints, a larger bottle of Acryl White Primer, a Feed bottle about the size of a standard Model Master Paint jar, a cap to the feed bottle to connect it to the spray cap, a feed tube to pull paint from the feed bottle, a spray cap that connects to the propellant bottle, a nozzle cleaner, and instructions. I don't have the funds for an airbrush quite yet, and also don't have the time to do the proper research, so I figured this would be good enough for now. I'm used to using rattle cans to paint models, and this "airbrush for dummies" should suit my needs for applying a semi-gloss overcoat to interiors/engine parts, as well as let me quickly paint things like chassis which generally take forever using a brush).

I'm just happy that I didn't pick up various model kits that I saw and wanted. I need to finish the '63 Corvette 1/16th scale kit I already have (which I've been putting off due to poor fitting of the trim pieces. The kit is 99% done) and I also want to finish this '88 Corvette 1/16th scale kit with all the full detail that I plan on doing. (Spark plug wiring, engine bay wiring, etc. etc. Was happy to find the wiring diagram for the spark plugs, at least, online for the L98 engine).

James, that is a really nice haul of Fujimi and Tamiya kits. I especially like those Dino 246's. That Chevelle could make an interesting sleeper. By any chance are you going to NNL East this year?

Edited by Bill Eh?

Was at Serb Hall today and picked up some kits.

Revell '70 Challenger 2'n1 (R/T or T/A)

Johann '70 Olds 442

Monogram '87 GNX Performance Series

Revell Dodge Magnum

Revell AC Cobra

and a mostly complete kit (no chrome, tires, decals, instuctions, and no box) Monogram '70 Plymouth GTX

The GTX parts were all in the factory bag out of the box.

James, that is a really nice haul of Fujimi and Tamiya kits. I especially like those Dino 246's. That Chevelle could make an interesting sleeper. By any chance are you going to NNL East this year?

Probably to early to tell with my work, but it's probably 60/40 that I'll go. I've never managed to get out there before when I was traveling extensively with my job as my daughter's birthday is two weeks beforehand and I doubt I would have stayed married if I missed that for a model car show! :P

Was at Serb Hall today and picked up some kits.

Monogram '87 GNX Performance Series

The sealed one at the Model Empire table? I was tempted...

and a mostly complete kit (no chrome, tires, decals, instuctions, and no box) Monogram '70 Plymouth GTX

The GTX parts were all in the factory bag out of the box.

The molded-in-blue ones, eh....I looked them over twice and decided I didn't need three more. :D That guy always has some good stuff, though.

Ok...here's a pic of the stuff I've picked up over the last week or so. All of the vans,Camaro, and Nova I got at Model Empire. The Charger squad at Greenfield News & Hobby. The Turbo T/A's I made a trade with Randy Armstrong from here on the Forum. Thanks Randy! And all the rest I picked up today at the Serb Hall show.IMG_3160.jpg

The sealed one at the Model Empire table? I was tempted...

The molded-in-blue ones, eh....I looked them over twice and decided I didn't need three more. :D That guy always has some good stuff, though.

I know which table you are talking about. Bill used to work at Model Empire. He retired from there last summer and works part-time for someone else. You must have come by the table after I was there. I bought one of two GNX's off that table. As for the GTX...I didn't really need it, but thought I could build something with it. Even with the chrome missing...and I have plenty of tires/rims already. But, for $4.00...you can't go wrong there. And yeah...he had some decent kits too. Think I got the Cobra from him also.

Mailman delivered a pickup notice , so looks like I am off to the postoffice tomorrow, its weird, I was home, maybe the doorbell isnt working, could explain why the pizza man called last night from the front door.

Anyways, I have a Nissan R34 skyline Ztune, and a R35 GTR kit waiting for me.

Guest Johnny

Got a 66 Impalla at Hobby Lobby Saturday! The wife told me she put a 40% off coupon in my wallet so grabbed it and headed out.

At te register I got out the debit card and the folded coupon out and handed it to the girl only to hear "this is for Michaels sir" :huh: (hate when they call me sir LOL)

Went ahead and bout it or it would have been a waste of gas.

Got a 66 Impalla at Hobby Lobby Saturday! The wife told me she put a 40% off coupon in my wallet so grabbed it and headed out.

At te register I got out the debit card and the folded coupon out and handed it to the girl only to hear "this is for Michaels sir" :huh: (hate when they call me sir LOL)

Went ahead and bout it or it would have been a waste of gas.

:lol: I've done that, too. At least Michaels takes competitor's coupons. :)

Guest Johnny

:lol: I've done that, too. At least Michaels takes competitor's coupons. :)

I thought about cancelling the sale but michaels is a mile furthur up the road just past a major reconstruction of an interstate interchage and right across from the mall.

Not on a Saturday afternoon! :lol:

I'm not usually the spelling police either but its "voila", a viola is a bowed string instrument a little bigger than a violin. :P

I usually don't side with the spelling and grammar police on here, but one word just grinds my mind. What you think is wala, whalla, or wahla is in fact spelled "viola". It's french...learn it...use it!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...