Model Cars Magazine Forum

When somebody says "Charger" what comes to mind first ?

This came to me while the board was down. So what's first ? ( I know, Who's on first)

The first charger, 1966-1967 ?

I'm thinking the Dukes era ( sorry Danno) 1968-1970.

Or is it the later 1971-1974 ?

I'm reluctant to include the last years 1975-1978 Cordoba cars.

But we must include the Shelby's 1983-1987.

800px-Dodge_Charger_383_%28Centropolis_L800px-Dodge_Charger_R-T_%28Gibeau_Orange800px-%2771_Dodge_Charger_%28%2710_Les_c800px-%2775_Dodge_Charger_%28Les_chauds_1987shelby.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

Here's Wikipedia's list...

Charger models[edit]

The three main iterations of Dodge Chargers were a mid-sized (B-body) two-door car from 1966 to 1978, a subcompact (L-body) car from 1983 to 1987, and the (LX and LD) full-sizedplatform four-door sedans built since 2006.

The name was also carried by a 1999 concept car that differed substantially from the Charger eventually placed into production for the 2006 model year. A similar name, the Ramcharger, was used for the truck-based vehicle.

The name Charger was also used in Brazil as performance model based on the Dar(A-Body) between 1970 and 1980.

Model years of Chargers Other[edit]

A 71 Charger was near and dear to me when I was about twenty. Not my car, but I thought it was the sleekest thing. A friend owned it. The one I did own, and wish I could find another was the 84 Charger Turismo with the four headlight front grille. The car was a stormer in autocross. It was the second front wheel drive car I ever owned, the first was a 73 Eldorado convertible. Worlds apart. BTW, my Mom had the identical Plymouth Duster Turismo.

Edited by lordairgtar

<p>

Charger models[edit]

The three main iterations of Dodge Chargers were a mid-sized (B-body) two-door car from 1966 to 1978, a subcompact (L-body) car from 1983 to 1987, and the (LX and LD) full-sizedplatform four-door sedans built since 2006.

The name was also carried by a 1999 concept car that differed substantially from the Charger eventually placed into production for the 2006 model year. A similar name, the Ramcharger, was used for the truck-based vehicle.

The name Charger was also used in Brazil as performance model based on the Dar(A-Body) between 1970 and 1980. Model years of Chargers

Other[edit]

Wikipedia left out the Aussie Valiant/Chrysler Charger ....

I always think of Dukes first, because I loved the show as a kid, and at the time my mom had a 71. The first car I ever wanted!

Same here bro.... First Charger I think of is the General Lee... So it's the '68-69 model years...

Cliffo

Charger models[edit]

The name Charger was also used in Brazil as performance model based on the Dar(A-Body) between 1970 and 1980.

Model years of Chargers Other[edit]

Oooops, you forgot the 500 800px-Dodge_Charger_500_%28Orange_Julep%

Forgot all about them. Goes to show what a memorable design it is ? I do like the last version with the side coves, needed those all along. 2013-Dodge-Charger-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

First l think of the 68 and 69. Dodge has really stepped up and made the modern chargers look like a muscle car again...

1968 Charger , in triple black .

Why ? Because of Bullitt ! I saw it on t.v. when I was probably 4 years old , so that means 1974 .

If I "had" to choose a Charger or two for a personal collection :

- 1968 R/T (Hemi / Auto / 3.23 Sure Grip)

- 1971 Super Bee (340 / 4-speed / 3.23 Sure Grip)

- 1972 Rallye (440 Six Pack / Auto / 3.55)

- 2013 "A38" ( Hemi , of course )