Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

H L finally opened a second location way west of me in the unincorporated town of Midlothian . Now the service is always very good , the selection is very nice and the distance .................. uh not so nice . because of that, I might see myself going there once , maybe twice a year .

Probably once a week. Went to one a couple hours away from my home today just because a friend and I were out that way and I saw it. They had clearance kits but with a 40% off coupon at my location it would've been the same price. Nothing on clearance at my HL for the last few months :unsure:

Edited by Terminator-Fox

Ditto here. Took off early and the grandson and I went for paint. No joy in the clearence isle.

G

Both of the stores i went to still had all the clearance kits mixed in with the normal priced ones. I also went to the clearance sections and found nothing. Even the tools and sanding stuff were still in there normal spots but they all had the yellow mark down stickers on them. I urge you all to go back and check again.

Edited by jrherald420

Ditto here. Took off early and the grandson and I went for paint. No joy in the clearence isle.

G

I was only going for primer and a sprue cutter, so I wasnt to sadden by it :lol:

Both of the stores i went to still had all the clearance kits mixed in with the normal priced ones. I also went to the clearance sections and found nothing. Even the tools and sanding stuff were still in there normal spots but they all had the yellow mark down stickers on them. I urge you all to go back and check again.

I dont recall seeing any yellow stickers on the kits, but doesnt mean anything

I go there as often as I can. I have the app on my phone- it always has the 40% coupon. Just recently bought the Revell 57 Ford and the Revell 69 Camaro ZL1 both for around $15 each. Today I got a can of Model Master lacquer for $3. The store near me has a good selection of pretty current kits.

I dont recall seeing any yellow stickers on the kits, but doesnt mean anything

Our local one has been putting a clearance section at the end of each isle. For some reason lately they have been putting kits in the isle with the diorama stuff and x-acto blades, that's 2 or 3 isles away from the kit isle. I picked up a snap together monster truck for my son for 6 buck because of this, the box was banged up but the kit was fine, i also got a Tamiya weathering kit for 2.00 because someone dropped it and the snow one busted up and was everywhere. I got it home and wiped it down with a paper towel and the other 2 are fine. And our local one is raided by model builders several times a day! lol

Edited by jrherald420

Our local one has been putting a clearance section at the end of each isle. For some reason lately they have been putting kits in the isle with the diorama stuff and x-acto blades, that's 2 or 3 isles away from the kit isle. I picked up a snap together monster truck for my son for 6 buck because of this, the box was banged up but the kit was fine, i also got a Tamiya weathering kit for 2.00 because someone dropped it and the snow one busted up and was everywhere. I got it home and wiped it down with a paper towel and the other 2 are fine. And our local one is raided by model builders several times a day! lol

Its probably better that I dont go back and look, I gotta ship some models and its going to cost me $100 , so I am shouldnt be spending anymore money for a couple of weeks

The Hobby Lobby here has kits on clearance, but they are just 40% off. Nothing that I couldn't already get with a coupon. Maybe they will go lower, but I doubt it. The last batch that went to clearance didn't get discounted less than 40%. The AMC Gremlin was one of the kits on clearance here, which kinda stinks because I was debating getting a few more.

Some of our local Hobby Lobbys (Dallas/Plano Texas) are marking down kits. The AMT Double Dragster, Gremlin, Munster Mobile, Grandpa's Dragster and Myer's Manx are some of the ones I've seen marked down. Most were 14.99, and the Myer's Manx was 13.99 or so.

Edited by Jimmy Wilson