Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

On my way there now. Everyone with a cell should take a picture of their stores inventory. It'd be kind of cool to see the difference in the selection between stores. Another Idea is that we could possibly help each other out if another member has a kit at their store we dont and may want.

On my way there now. Everyone with a cell should take a picture of their stores inventory. It'd be kind of cool to see the difference in the selection between stores. Another Idea is that we could possibly help each other out if another member has a kit at their store we dont and may want.

I have 6 that i go to between TN and KY and each one is stocked the same way.

Edited by jrherald420

Hobby Lobby doesn't exist here in Canada :( , BUT if you need a GOOD hobby shop! I go to McCormick's Hobby in London, Ontario, they have the best selection of new and old out of production kits around.Yea they don't have the 40% off coupon but they have a loyalty card that gets you 25% off once you start to purchase from them. I have never seen so many Johan & AMT kits in one place other than ebag and the prices are VERY reasonable. If you ever get a chance to go you got to see it! Google it there at 241 Oxford east, London ,Ontario nice friendly place. :)

A while back, I picked up a couple sets of the whitewall tires there...same $7.99 price, but were a lot less with the weekly 40% off coupon. Hopefully they will get the white letter Goodyear tire packs at some point...

I go often, my son stopped the other day and got me the ford race car hauler [new edition to the normal stock], and he said the isle was destroyed as they were 're stocking', I need to make a personal appearance and see whats new.

Being from Canada we don't have them up here luckily we go to erie pa twice a year so I get what I can when we go, I sure wish they would have them up here I am so sick of micheals especially the one in my town it's 2 years old and still have the same models on the shelf they opened with

Went last night in a snow storm to get some paint haha. They only have a few clearance kits that I don't even want at my store. But I noticed the newest kits out are priced at $27 or so. Good thing they have a 40% coupon code.

That always seems to be the problem, no one ever wants the kits that they are clearing out. At our store they won't put the new kits out until the clearance kits are all sold. I bought a kit that I didn't even want just because of it's price,lol. So frustrating.

I bought two or three tire sets of the wide and narrow slicks at the Hobby Lobby in Sterling Heights,Mi. with the 40% off coupons.Can hardly beat $4.80 plus tax for $12 sets of tires.Lately,though,they haven't had any more sets.I've looked all around the model area for them,thinking that they were partly hidden like the previous sets.Someone on the staff must have wised up.

Edited by ZTony8

For me , Hobby lobby is a good distance from me . being on a fixed income , balancing in a 40% coupon and the current cost of fuel still won't justify a trip . If Iwere closer, I probably would shop at a H L.................

I never have visited one.. we don't have them around here.

we only have one hobby store here in Medford, Oregon and half of it is bicycles, 1/4 of it is R/C, 1/8th of it is model planes, and 1/16th of it is model trains..

that doesn't leave much for Car kits! :)

I just order everything off the internet, i hate driving around, and the LHS usually doesn't have what i want anyway.

I just go there for a random jar of Model Master Paint every once in a while.

we only have one hobby store here in Medford, Oregon and half of it is bicycles, 1/4 of it is R/C, 1/8th of it is model planes, and 1/16th of it is model trains..

There's one hobby shop in NJ where each time I go there, the model car section has shrunk again. So I asked the owner why and he said, "Fewer and fewer people are building models anymore!" Guess he hasn't seen the relationship between his shelf shrinking and sales?

Yea, nobody builds models anymore, and he's doing his part to make it true!