Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

. Earlier this spring I bought two car guy iems. They are stacks of tires that are supposed to be pen/pencil holders. I find them great for paint brushes and atmosphere.

I have seen those there. I like them allot and thought of using them for the same thing but thought that my brushes may be to long to stay upright inside them.

Probably about once a month. Depends on what I need, or if I have a coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Last thing I got from there was a 70 Plymouth Road Runner for about $12. They have great clearance sales. :)

I got an AMT 71 charger from them yesterday for the same price. I couldn't believe how many kits were on clearance. I thought it was odd that the shelves were pretty bare a day after I had already been there,turns out they moved all of the clearance kits into a center isle and didn't refill the empty spots that they had left. Hopefully that section isn't downsizing and will instead be filled back up with all new kits. I am excited!!

Hobby Lobby has been a lifesaver while trying to build up my supplies and on a budget.

Those 40% coupons are just fantastic!!!

We don't shop there very often, mostly due to the distance and all the traffic in the area, but HL is at the top of my list when I need something. .

Edited by clovis

I attempted to go to the nearest one last night but they close at 8 pm...

Has anyone tried to use the mobile coupon and the printable coupon at the same time? They are two different codes making them two different coupons.

Even if you have two different coupons you are limited to one per transaction.

The closest one is about 20 minutes which is closer than the nearest decent hobby shop. My biggest problem with them is their limited selection as far as kits go. My wife does a lot of crafts so we go a couple time a month. It is nice to get a kit at 40% off but most of the time they don't have anything that I want.

There are four (4) HL stores in the metropolitan area, but the nearest to me is about 15 miles away, so I don't visit there often.

The 40% coupon is great, but they seem to be about six months behind all the other hobby stores in getting new kits. If you're patient, you can get a good deal. If you want to be first on your block to have the latest kits, you have to shop elsewhere.

Since I don't buy much of new stuff, it doesn't much matter to me....

My LHS is much closer, and with what I save in fuel costs, it works out better for me to shop there.

My closest HL is about 14 miles away. My only currently-operational vehicle gets about 12mpg. That means it costs me more than $7 in fuel to go there and back, so I only go when I have to be on that side of town for something else anyway, usually about once every other month...and NEVER without a 40% coupon.

I try to go twice a month, for a 40% off kit or if the selection is bad, paint.

My closest HL is about 14 miles away. My only currently-operational vehicle gets about 12mpg. That means it costs me more than $7 in fuel to go there and back, so I only go when I have to be on that side of town for something else anyway, usually about once every other month...and NEVER without a 40% coupon.

But it's got over 400 HP, right Bill? :lol:

Always on a Saturday,always with coupon,but not every weekend.It's about a 25 minute drive one way so when I do go I stop at a Michael's that's close to the Hobby Lobby and a regular hobby shop not too far from there to make the trip worth doing.

Only once and that was in 2002. I am blessed to have an independently owned local hobby shop (LHS) near me. I spend my hobby $ at my LSH...in my humble opinion they need our financial and moral support more than a big national chain store. And before someone replies "I don’t have that option" I realize this is the case for some people. However, that’s my two cents on the matter.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

210HP and 12MPG?

Geez... can't you do better than that? :blink:

You would think so, I know, but that's the way GM built it in 1992, and I haven't done anything to it other than maintenance. :mellow:

Maybe if it DID have 400hp, I could more easily justify a 'rapid' trip to the HL. B)

There ARE a Michael's and a Hobby Town all within a block of the Hobby Lobby, and a Starbucks and Steak-n-Shake, so maybe I'll go a little more often... ;)

PS. Tenax was back at Hobby Town last time I was there a few weeks ago. :)

One more thing- I will support any business that sells models or supplies, be it a big-box discount store, mom-and-pop LHS, craft store, on-line, vendors at contests... I do try to stay local and keep the $ where I live, but the situation might not always allow for that. So, the little bit of wealth does get spread around and it helps everyone.