Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

Glad you guys like it, like i told Jeff i was hoping you would find my work up to par with everyones awesome skills here!

thanks for the compliments.

I left the traction bars off i didn't know if we wanted them on or not but they are ready just in case.

I've been following this since day one and I got to say you guys are doing world class work on this car. Every inch of what I have seen is stunning. The time and care going into this is nothing short of amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how great this is going to look when it's finished.

Keep of the great work you guys!

OK fellas, opinions please!

Been trying to decide whether or not to use the kit front seats (inaccurate shape,and no separate headrests on factory buckets) or '69 Mustang seats (like mocked up on the passenger side)???

IMG_2989_zps5569a0ba.jpg

The problem with using the Mustang buckets is that the upholstery 'pleats' are larger and don't match the kit back seat...don't want to get into a bunch of scratch-building, etc. This is supposed to be fun!

We have spoken in PM's Jeff so you know where I am at option wise. Now looking at the photo here is another suggestion. Place the tub up in the body, place the louvers on the back window ( I hope and assume we are using them) now look inside. Once it's in the car with the dash and everything you can't hardly see the rear seat. Even in white your eyes are not drawn there. I am ok with and have used both seats in the past so I am ok either way

I would cut the head rests loose from the stock seats, stick a couple of wires in the bottom of each one of them and install them in the raised position.

^This. The Mustang seats look at tad bit too large, too. You could also scribe a deep line between the headrests and seat backs to better define each and trick the eye into thinking they are separate pieces.

The problem is, factory high-back buckets HAD NO separate headrests! The mustang buckets are correct in shape/size, but have the larger pleats.

I could possibly make the kit supplied 'buckets' into a proper bench seat, since they already have the headrests and almost look like a bench seat cut in half!?!?

Been working on the dash and embossing powder for the floor pan while thinking about this...

You guys have done a bang up job so far. It's taking a lot of time, but it's well thought out and executed and you can't argue with that. B)

I don't care for the Mustang seats. The width is a bit narrow and the height maybe a little too much?. Maybe a pic of the interior tub installed into the body would help. But you guys keep on doing what you're doing. I'm sitting back and enjoying the build no matter what. \m/

• 2 weeks later...

Engine is painted and I'm working on some details to put it over the top. Several failed attempts but I think I got it. It's an aluminum headed 514 going in here btw

KEWL!!! B)

I'm pluggin' away at the interior stuff (slowly though). I'll be picking up the reissue to rob the seats from. It figures, I had already started a 'pleat transplant' on the Mustang buckets :angry: