Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland Co.

Just wanted to remind people what a great guy Norm Veber is. I placed an order a couple of weeks ago and he called me yesterday to tell me it was shipped and I should see it on Monday. Great! Looking forward to it I said.

He goes on to tell me that a couple of things that I ordered were no longer available from him and he forgot to enclose the refund check with the order so he sent that separately. No problem I told him, thanks for the call.

Still not done, Norm goes on to tell me where I can find a better version of what I had wanted, along with the kit number and why it is a better part than his resin copy. I again told him thanks and to have a great weekend, I appreciated the information and I would be looking to order from him again.

Now I have to ask, how many times do we hear on this forum about a lack of communication from resin vendors? More than I can begin to remember. Norm's efforts yesterday are the reason why he does a great business, because he cares!

In the last month I have placed 3 different resin orders and all three were fantastic to deal with.

Chief Joseph

The Modelhaus

R and M of Maryland Co.

The last two do not have pictures of their products but yet I do not hesitate to order from them as I relied on others experience to start buying from them and will continue to do so!

I hope others will look past the issue of product pictures and realize what great guys Norm and Don Holthaus are and place orders without hesitation.

Mike,Thank you for posting about your experiences with the aftermarket businesses.Very rarely do we ever hear about excellent customer service,it's always about the other side of the coin.

Bob,

You are welcome. I think it is right to post such information, especially when the service is outstanding, as well as when it is disappointing.

I know Norm personally and I will say that this is typical of him. He is the straightest shooter you will ever find in the resin biz. At the MAMA meetings he is helpful and always ready to listen to anything you may ask him no matter how small the request. I just bought his Ferrari 250 GTO engine kit for a future build and he made it to order, I got it yesterday from him and as he handed it to me he said if i had any problems he was only a phone call away to answer them.

This is why he is the best resin maker out there.

Bob

I'll agree with Bob. I too know Norman and he's one of those guys you can't think of anything bad about. He will forgo attending shows when he's behind on orders because he says it wouldn't be fair to take a day off from casting to the guys waiting for product. A thoughtful guy indeed and a good friend to the hobby.

I only met Norm once briefly at NNL, and asked some questions about his parts to make the Revell '32 Fords a little more stock. Excellent, detailed answer, some beautiful products, and absolutely a nice guy.

I hope someday I'll have a little extra to order up something from him, he not only earned my business, he deserves my business.

Charlie Larkin

Just wanted to remind people what a great guy Norm Veber is. I placed an order a couple of weeks ago and he called me yesterday to tell me it was shipped and I should see it on Monday. Great! Looking forward to it I said.

He goes on to tell me that a couple of things that I ordered were no longer available from him and he forgot to enclose the refund check with the order so he sent that separately. No problem I told him, thanks for the call.

Still not done, Norm goes on to tell me where I can find a better version of what I had wanted, along with the kit number and why it is a better part than his resin copy. I again told him thanks and to have a great weekend, I appreciated the information and I would be looking to order from him again.

Now I have to ask, how many times do we hear on this forum about a lack of communication from resin vendors? More than I can begin to remember. Norm's efforts yesterday are the reason why he does a great business, because he cares!

In the last month I have placed 3 different resin orders and all three were fantastic to deal with.

Chief Joseph

The Modelhaus

R and M of Maryland Co.

The last two do not have pictures of their products but yet I do not hesitate to order from them as I relied on others experience to start buying from them and will continue to do so!

I hope others will look past the issue of product pictures and realize what great guys Norm and Don Holthaus are and place orders without hesitation.

I've dealt a few times with Norm both on the phone and in person and he is a great guy to do business with.

BTW who is Chief Jospeh?

Chief Joseph is a member of this board who happens to cast some very nice tires for American cars of a certain era. He also has a wide-ranging list of white letter tire script decals for a variety of brands, which allows many of us to recreate the street machines of our youth more accurately. He does very nice work, his products are very affordable and he's very easy to get along with.

What is the best way to shop for Replica's stuff? I can't find a good catalogue of the available parts.

They have nothing online, but a few people have some pics of a few of their offerings, so you'll need to pay for their mail away catalog (which I don't think includes pictures of the items) to have a list of everything they offer.

Norm's catalog is not organized and updated like some others but his product quality is superior. Like Don and Carol Holthaus, if you have a question, just call and he will answer them.

As an FYI, he is offering a Chevy pickup grille conversion for the recently released Revell '77 GMC pickup. Haven't ordered it yet but will soon!

Keyser - Really? thanks for helping

There were links with pics in 3 of those Googled for you. With :D . I have same links bookmarked. You're welcome :rolleyes:

Here's a thread link here to one of multiple threads about Norm's great stuff. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/?showtopic=26709

Here's another I just found, more recent than 2010 http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38706

There's a long-standing joke about what is URL of Norm's website on another board.

Forgot Dr. Cranky vid embed

Dr. C has 2013 catalog. And it was funny. #3 on list I posted.

Edited by keyser

• 1 year later...

Norm is one of the nicest persons to deal with. I dealt with him many years ago and he got me started and helped me several times with tips when I was starting up my resin casting business. Checkout the aftermarket directory.....

ABC Specialties Resin Casting

Art

Edited by goodguyinar416