Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes "Blue Wonder" Transporter: 1/28/14 "Outside" photos posted

Hello everyone………I am going to build build both of these : The "Cosmic Outcast" and The Don Garlits "Streamliner"…….after I finish The "Blue Wonder"…....here are a few pics …….could you guys please help me decide which one to build first?……..thanks :)

94099610_zps29dbd96f.jpg

10244811_zpsd91f3490.jpg

KOGallery1_zpsdb8742f1.jpg

swamprat-33_zps7111cc7a.jpg

SwampRat33-41stBvilleNats-1989-01_zpsada

SwampRat33-42ndBvilleNats-1990-02-1_zps6

Edited by John Teresi

John.... I love both that you want to build. It's hard for me to choose which to start next.. When you do the streamliner I think you should do it in 1/16th scale. I will make room on my display shelf and it can sit next to my army vega f/c when done ;)....lol.

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments……..I really do appreciate them……..I foiled the window frames and got the last coat of clear on……..the glass and interior is installed ……..I will attach the body to the chassis tomorrow…….thanks for looking.

DSCF8998_zps3f6cccea.jpg

DSCF9008_zps4ad8b299.jpg

DSCF9007_zpsf3bee25a.jpg

DSCF9001_zpsb2c77efa.jpg

DSCF9005_zps75c504cb.jpg

Hello……..you guys are the best……..thank you so much for the kind comments……..it really means allot and gets me motivated……..thank you :) ……I got the body attached to chassis……..wheels are on…….I modified /made an exhaust……..I made a steering box and linkage……..I made some bottom splash panels……..I will add some more weathering to the undercarriage when I am finished………all the bumpers ,side trim,mirrors,turn signals are all painted Alclad……..I will add them tomorrow……..thanks so much for looking.

DSCF9013_zps6a47b06b.jpg

DSCF9014_zps8ce56b1c.jpg

DSCF9010_zps918e1c99.jpg

DSCF9011_zps0dfe821b.jpg

DSCF9012_zps2bb11ee1.jpg

DSCF9018_zps5dff7bbd.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John your work always makes me wonder if these really are scale models or real things... Great work, the paint job looks incredible and all of those little details you've put into this one are looking excellent as well. Really nice work and can't wait to see your next build, personally I'd like to see that Hot Rod, but anyway whatever you build I know it'll be fantastic.

Without a car on the back, it seems like the front end would lift the back off the ground.

Watch out for hard brakings! :lol: