Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Hello……thank you all very much for the kind comments……I really do appreciate them :) ………with some help from my "Little Brother" Chris Sobak AKA "Mooneyes", I got the rear end figured out……I made some links and brackets,shocks and hubs……...I still need to add a stabilizer bar and a couple of brackets……I also painted the front suspension ………thanks for looking.

DSCF9836_zps960036d8.jpg

DSCF9839_zps29b22c37.jpg

DSCF9827_zpsfca2270f.jpg

DSCF9828_zps107aaded.jpg

DSCF9826_zps22e29196.jpg

DSCF9825_zps45be2fa3.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind coments……..I really do appreciate them :) ……..I was fortunate enough to contact Richard Venza one of the original builders of the Swamp Rat 33 Liner…….Rich has been very helpful with reference concerning this build……...this Liner ran about 4 different engines to try for many speed records…….I am using the 1950 Flathead engine with the 4 Stromberg carbs version……..I asked Rich to baby sit me and watch to see if I make any major mistakes…….I told Rich, I will do the best I can with what I have to work with,and to get as close as possible to the original Swamp Rat 33 with the 1950 Flathead………I did some work on the engine today……I modified the water outlets, pulleys, magneto, ……..I also made a dip stick and clutch arm and trans linkage………I will work on the carbs tomorrow………thanks for looking.

DSCF9848_zps2da85bbf.jpg

DSCF9844_zpsb3debe34.jpg

DSCF9847_zps94e8f416.jpg

DSCF9846_zps7a2342bd.jpg

DSCF9845_zps4e1283c1.jpg