Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Hello……..thank you all so very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) …….I got the chassis painted H.O.K. white and weathered ……..I don`t want this build to look "Pretty"…….I want it to look like it just broke it`s class record at the Bonneville Salt Flats…….I installed the rear end…….and the seat ,and seat belts……..and the fire bottles…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9977_zpsed27444b.jpg

DSCF9987_zps42c9bd27.jpg

DSCF9968_zps1514ddf5.jpg

DSCF9975_zps72da7440.jpg

DSCF9974_zps6caced6d.jpg

DSCF9984_zpsb9023a92.jpg

Hello……..thanks guys for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them. :) …….I attached the nose weights, battery and shifter……..I also attached the front end……..I made a brake and clutch pedal and master cylinder,also attached……..I also attached the water tanks and electric water pumps…….thanks for looking.

DSCF0014_zps25d9bc3d.jpg

DSCF9998_zps05c58cc0.jpg

DSCF0009_zpsa34125a4.jpg

DSCF9988_zpsa7c1d2f0.jpg

DSCF9990_zps8360dfa9.jpg

DSCF9999_zps3e9bb461.jpg

Holy Crapola Johnny Boy!!! :o That is some mighty fine work buddy. I have to agree with Harry that the weathering looks great. I am digging it and need to try that technique on a build sometime. I think it would be awesome if they tires had a little bit of the white powder or a hint of the salt on them too, Not where it's caked on but just enough. And Brad is right... Hurry up and get that engine in there already.... :P Nice work Brother!!

Hello……thank you all so very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..I installed the engine and trans and made some motor mounts and a trans mount……..I attached the water lines…….the outlet lines are braided and I used "Pro Tech" braided lines for that…….I also attached the braided hydraulic lines ,also "Pro Tech"……..I attached the shift cables……..I attached the electric fuel pump…….and the "Micro Nitro" wheels are re-movable for display…….thanks for looking.

DSCF0031_zpscc577a27.jpg

DSCF0029_zpsc05ef743.jpg

DSCF0020_zps6461e157.jpg

DSCF0037_zps8bc709fd.jpg

DSCF0041_zps0d0607f1.jpg

DSCF0034_zps7ee6a084.jpg