Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

John,you make it sound so easy. Incredible work as usual.

I vaguely remember this car,but didn't recall it having a flathead. Very cool!

John…….Garlit`s ran a couple of Flatheads for different speed records……..I am building the one he ran with a 1950 Blown Flathead………he also built a Hemi for it to go over 300 MPH but,he never used it…….the Hemi and the blown Flathead engines sit on stands next to the Swamp Rat 33 display at the Garlit`s Museum ……..thanks

Edited by John Teresi

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments……I really do appreciate them…… just a small up-date …….I needed to correct a few issues……..what I thought were batteries at the nose of the frame are weights………so I had to make some weights and a bracket……and mount a single battery on the side of the frame behind the driver……I also made an electric fuel pump……it`s not perfect but,you will barely see it anyway……..thanks for looking.

DSCF9761_zps3e5e7afe.jpg

DSCF9768_zpsd3328ad6.jpg

DSCF9765_zpsb47fb5bc.jpg

DSCF9772_zps732cba73.jpg

DSCF9757_zps78abea2b.jpg

Hello…….thanks guys for the kind comment…….I really do appreciate them………just a small up-date today……..I am waiting for some wheels to come in the mail so that I can finish mocking up the rear end…….but,I got the parachute mocked-up with brackets……..thanks for looking.

DSCF9791_zps4df51908.jpg

DSCF9789_zps55c82d4c.jpg

DSCF9790_zps6bb8ff36.jpg

DSCF9788_zps02fe1f6e.jpg

Hello……thank you all very much for the kind comments……..I really do appreciate them……..I got my custom wheels from "Micro Nitro" yesterday and man are they SWEET!!!!!!!…….if you have not got a set of "Micro Nitro" wheels yet……..you gotta get some…….you won't be disappointed…... best wheels around…….he also made the custom tires and caps……..I made some hubs and got the front suspension mocked-up…….I will work on the rear suspension next…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9819_zps9ebc6c0f.jpg

DSCF9800_zps636136b6.jpg

DSCF9818_zps8f63276a.jpg

DSCF9799_zps1b304953.jpg

DSCF9801_zps61e40b08.jpg

DSCF9811_zps42afef79.jpg

DSCF9806_zps2bf5bece.jpg