Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Wow, just wow. I was wondering about the spark plug boots as well

Hi Brian…….the plug boots are left over from my "Shark Mouth" Pro Mod build……..my good friend "Master" builder Paul Rowe made the boots……..he gave me a few sets……..I did modify them a little…….thanks.

Hello…….thank you all so very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..my good friend Dave Ryberg AKA "Goat Guy" sent me a ribbon from a printer and told me it might work for a blower belt…….well after I cut it to width and length and painted it……..I think it worlked out just great……..thanks Dave :) ……..I also changed out the fuel lines…….they looked a little out of scale……..and I painted and added some Slixx decals to the Custom "Micro Nitro" tires and wheels……..Fantastic wheels Jim………thanks for looking.

DSCF9921_zps6e75c752.jpg

DSCF9919_zpsb692e809.jpg

DSCF9920_zpsba1b2224.jpg

DSCF9917_zps92a42923.jpg

DSCF9918_zps90e4fc22.jpg

DSCF9913_zps2b5a0e54.jpg

DSCF9914_zps22debfab.jpg

Hello……..thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……….I used some Paul Rowe fire bottles, I just doctored them up a little……I added nozzles ,gauges,hand pull and made some straps and painted them Tamiya red and yellow and used Slixx decals………I also made the parachute ,painted Alclad and weathered ………I also made the water tanks and water pumps, also painted Alclad and weathered,and used "Pro Tech" gas caps also painted Alclad…….I also make my own fittings ……using straight pins, Styrene hex rod ,drilled out,cut,sanded and airbrushed Tamiya Clear Blue and Clear red……...thanks for looking.

DSCF9930_zpsc12dc462.jpg

DSCF9932_zpsd3a69f9e.jpg

DSCF9940_zps75e003bb.jpg

DSCF9936_zps4bbbba42.jpg

DSCF9937_zps2c6efbe0.jpg

DSCF9935_zps45cdb306.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

JOHN... you must be from another planet. Your master modelling abilities are phenomenal! I wish I had time to spend on all the projects I have on the go. Time is the most valuable commodity in the world and you accomplish the most amazing things with your time. You have said you'd like to be a professional model builder. Your work IS professional quality you just need to get paid for it. I build custom truck models for clients who are prepared to spend some pretty good coin, but it's only a secondary income at the present. I'm hoping to make it my sole source of income soon. Has "Large Father" seen the project you are working on? I'm certain he'd buy it when you're done, it would make a great addition to his museum. You need to send your portfolio to the Smithsonian or Peterson Automotive Museum or WETA in New Zealand where my sister and her husband work with Peter Jackson on all his movies. If you really want to make a living using your exceptional skills, I don't think you'd have trouble finding work. After seeing your latest masterpiece, I think I'll give up model building and take up knitting. GO JOHN GO!

Edited by Hammerdown

Hello……Bob,thank you so much for kind comment…….Jim,thanks Bud,that means allot coming from you…….my good buddy Dave Ryberg AKA "Goat Guy"……is doing the art work for this project……he sent me a proof sheet and I got it mock-ed up with the lettering on…….Dave,your talent is AWESOME!!!!!……thank you so much for your help…….this project would not be possible without your help…….here are a few mock-up photos…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9943_zps971b0dcd.jpg

DSCF9947_zpsd2b49804.jpg

DSCF9945_zpse6ae11ec.jpg

DSCF9946_zpsdcc72e9a.jpg

DSCF9944_zps8528ed4a.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

COUS looks awesome,you have come a long way from when we sat in the guest room and build Models in Burbank,i remember using tooth picks to letter tires and Moms sewing thread for plug wires,will be watching

Edited by REDDOG

COUS looks awesome,you have come a long way from when we sat in the guest room and build Models in Burbank,i remember using tooth picks to letter tires and Moms sewing thread for plug wires,will be watching

Thanks Cousin……glad your here on this forum…….would love to see you building again

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..I modified a "Flash Point " resin seat ……painted H.O.K. white and I made a insert painted Tamiya red…….I also modified a "Pro Tech" 5 point harness…….and I made some nose weights and bracket……..and I modified a battery and made some cables……..thanks for looking.

DSCF9949_zps9ca21d1e.jpg

DSCF9962_zps7a66bcd6.jpg

DSCF9966_zpsda5de966.jpg

DSCF9965_zps0deab29d.jpg

DSCF9951_zps87c6be49.jpg