Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Johnny Boy... I just love your work Brother. Man this thing is looking killer. I love every little detail you have added to this and the addition to the cart. Just awesome man. I am stoked to see this in person in a bout a week and half... I can't wait for you and Big Bird to get here :D

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments……..I really do appreciate them :) ………I got the last coat of clear on the body yesterday…….and while it is drying ……I decided to take a couple of pics of the chassis with a Salt Flats back ground……..I think it looks pretty good????……..thanks for looking.

DSCF0008_zps8d74e82f.jpg

DSCF0016_zpsf317ef04.jpg

DSCF0004_zps964cfe37.jpg

DSCF0007_zpsee9344af.jpg

DSCF0011_zpsf0746bd6.jpg

DSCF0014_zpsf9b72391.jpg

Really amazing work, John! What I really like on your builds is of course the amount of scratchbuilt or modified stuff, but also your painting skills to get different kind of metal-looking finishes is stunning. Also your weathering is top notch. The parts don't look too greasy, but they are not shining like new parts, either. I wish I could do that :D !

I can't wait to see more.

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) …….I got the last coat of clear on the body……..the parachute is attached……..I still need to add the Canopy and some header body flanges………I dug up an old Jeb Allen figure and painted him up as Don Garlits……..I also painted a helmet but,it is drying…….I made a fire mask and used a famous persons face behind the mask…….it is not Don Garlits………but,can anyone figure out who it is?????????……If you can guess I will send you a autographed picture from Don Garlits……..give it a try…….bet you can`t guess………thanks for looking.

DSCF0192_zpse5e2414c.jpg

DSCF0170_zpscedbf913.jpg

DSCF0180_zps35f05855.jpg

DSCF0177_zpsf599f009.jpg

DSCF0178_zps8a231188.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

WoW! John, that'll get you an extra cheeseburger in paradise next Saturday!

Is that your friend, TV Tommy behind the mask?

No…….but,good try…….you will know that you got close when somebody figures out who it is :) ……..try again buddy. :D