Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black '57

Lovefordgalaxie

Got you!!!

IT'S NOT A FORD!!!!!

Took this one of the good old shelf for cleaning and waxing.

It's the AMT kit, I built about 20 years ago, before internet and easy reference pictures, so I painted the interior the color I had.

The body is Tamiya black.

The foil is household aluminum foil and white glue.

13549496075_657147357d_c.jpg

13549500695_4d0c97af80_c.jpg

13549613223_ba7bf6c54b_c.jpg

13549528145_6a2d156197_c.jpg

13549851734_456ba11b36_c.jpg

13549622613_84cdeb3622_c.jpg

Special thanks for my crew:

Andrew:

13549823204_11c106a9d7_c.jpg

and

Lenin:

13549640453_85956c23e3_c.jpg

Yes you did fool me, totally. :lol: Looks good, I can't imagine working with houshold foil and white glue! Yikes! I have two cats too! And one is black. This is her about 7 months old.

attachicon.gifp_00167.jpg

What a cutie!!! I don't know what's about black cats, but they are always at full throttle. My black cat, Comrade Lenin, is two years now. HE is the guy that eats up my diorama, and I have to glue ads on it to cover the holes!!!

When I built this Chevy, I had no internet, and no evil bay. Soooo, BMF was a distant dream... I learned how to foil with white glue and household aluminum foil. When I got BMF, it was so easy, that was almost like cheating.

Oh my poor diorama... That's why it's always full of cats hair.

13553832665_95b7300051_c.jpg

It's held up well, that's for sure.

Adopting Don LaFontaine voice...

"Attack of the giant kitties- things can get pretty hairy!"

I had a very interesting conversation with a gentleman from Brazil Friday night at a Masonic function- while we were both being trained to be tour guides for our Grand Lodge's building. Apparently, Florian, the namesake of your state, was not a very nice man at all, as my companion referred to him several times in one sentence as "a butcher." I learned quite a bit about Brazilian history and life there today, in the space of about twenty minutes.

Charlie Larkin

It's held up well, that's for sure.

Adopting Don LaFontaine voice...

"Attack of the giant kitties- things can get pretty hairy!"

I had a very interesting conversation with a gentleman from Brazil Friday night at a Masonic function- while we were both being trained to be tour guides for our Grand Lodge's building. Apparently, Florian, the namesake of your state, was not a very nice man at all, as my companion referred to him several times in one sentence as "a butcher." I learned quite a bit about Brazilian history and life there today, in the space of about twenty minutes.

Charlie Larkin

I can just imagine the kind of twisted out history lesson you got from a Mason. Around here they are opposition to the government, pro military intervention, pro U.S. intervention, and were on the military dictatorship side from 1964 to the end, having helped killing and torturing thousands. My father is a Free Mason, 33th degree, Scotish Rit, and he is what one could call an a**hole. After he started rising on Masonry, he left the party. Ask your friend about him, José Roberto Spósito.

I don't know in the U.S., but in Brazil, they are the scum of mankind. They like to call themselves a "elite" and don't care about nobody else. Also act on extreme protectionism, like choosing a Mason or a DeMolay over more qualified people when contracting for a job. I know that because my brother was a DeMoley. He left disgusted about their corruption.

My brother, me and my mother, none of us talk to my father anymore, at least for 15 years.

Posted Today, 02:49 AM

Speedfreak, on 01 Apr 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes you did fool me, totally. :lol: Looks good, I can't imagine working with houshold foil and white glue! Yikes! I have two cats too! And one is black. This is her about 7 months old.

attachicon.gifp_00167.jpg

What a cutie!!! I don't know what's about black cats, but they are always at full throttle. My black cat, Comrade Lenin, is two years now. HE is the guy that eats up my diorama, and I have to glue ads on it to cover the holes!!!

Tulio, That's exactly what my black cat is like! FULL THROTTLE ALL THE TIME, unless she's (Desi) is in my lap, or , sleeping! My father was a Mason too.

Tulio thats a very nice Chevy and some very nice cats too . On a side note could you do some pics of your parking lot full of your 57's ?

I think this is a cool Idea.