Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1970 Challenger T/A Rebuild-Under Glass 03-13

mustang1989

Thanks Dan! I had to make some tweaks this morning so that the air cleaner would fit over the wires and got that behind me......thankfully!

Carl: Thanks for your comments too and yes I airbrushed them. Although I'm happy with the outcome of the wheels , I think I'm going to use Jim Daniels method of brushing the Model Master Metalizer paint on next time around.

Ok for today's update. I only had about an hour this morning at the bench but I did manage to get started on the fuel line. I used a piece of solder to form the shape of the line initially and then used it as a template for a more rigid copper wire. The fuel filter is a piece of resin stock I had laying around. I simply cut the length I needed and drilled a hole through it and ran it through the copper wire halfway through the shaping process. I still have to clean the filter up and re-tweak the fuel line in a couple of places....namely the line to fuel pump connection but here's where its at right now.

Fuellineandfilter002_zpse7e689ce.jpg

I've got plans for the other two branch off's at the carbs.

Then there's the shot at the fuel pump. I don't like the fact that when I'm working on one area it always seems like I end up bumping something or needing to touch up things but "it is what it is". I knocked the alternator wiring loose at the back of the alternator. I aint touchin' it for repairs until I get this and the heater hoses done.

Fuellineandfilter001_zpsa684b8fc.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

.how's the 109 coming along for you?

Thanks Daniel. The 1/24 Trumpter 109 I finished about 2 years ago and I was really happy with it. Being my first all out build I constantly think about things I could have pulled off differently but I look upon it as a decent build. Luftwaffe builds are my home base in modeling.

Here she is. At the time I was still learning the camera. I need to take some updated photos with my current photo shooting knowledge.

Finishedphotos---2yrslater002_zps3c9db72

Finishedphotos---2yrslater005_zpsbcb5853

Edited by mustang1989

Not a HUGE update but all I had time for this morning. I broke out the Dremel and went to work on the fuel line tee off's to each carb. I made the 90 degree turn to the carbs and tapered the tee off at the main inlet line connection/ merge to fuse it in and make it look more like part of the line assy.

Fuellineteeoff_zps00dbf604.jpg

Ok folks. I gave this fuel line my best shot. I'm sure there are others out there that could pull this off better and I may be able to do something with this a little bit when I get it back off the motor for painting but here's where I'm at now.

I decided to use some good 'ol JB weld after cleaning the copper sections up of all the oils and what not from handling it. We'll see how it all pans out.

Fuellineteeupdate_zpsb67c9585.jpg