Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

1 minute ago, olsbooks said:

This simply a fantastic project.  The ideas and inspiration you are providing are fantastic.  Thank you.

Unrelated, but as I push forward on the Great Gatsby project, how would you suggest posting pix as I am already bumping against space limits.

Peace

Thank you, glad you like it.I put mine on Photobucket so all I post here are links. At least that is the way I understand it.

8 hours ago, olsbooks said:

Brains over bucks! I admire the re purposing and resourcefulness greatly. 

You remind me of Mcguiver but actually make stuff that I can believe. No temptation to eye roll or call bs...just wows and applause.

Peace

Thank you for the compliment.

2 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

WOW...!  Very nice Pat.

Thanks Mark. By the way , the 8V71 is on its way. Can't guarantee a Christmas arrival though. They stopped the strike but they haven't settled. They still don't have a contract.

21 hours ago, landman said:

Thanks Mark. By the way , the 8V71 is on its way. Can't guarantee a Christmas arrival though. They stopped the strike but they haven't settled. They still don't have a contract.

Thanks Pat brother..!   I appreciate it greatly buddy.    Nice work on the shop equipment....you have a engine factory there.

The heavy wiring cable running through the chrome ring brackets transforms this object into something real and tangible ( sorry don't know the correct name for the brackets Pat ).  Excellent photography of yours, to show us these images...... the project continues!

David

11 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

The heavy wiring cable running through the chrome ring brackets transforms this object into something real and tangible ( sorry don't know the correct name for the brackets Pat ).  Excellent photography of yours, to show us these images...... the project continues!

David

Don't feel bad, I don't either. However the item I used is called "Eye pin with loops". Bought them at the dollar store.

These , a piece of 1" brass tubing, two slices of dowel and two 84 years old carriage bolts will become the exhaust muffler.

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

Looking for the ideal location.

IMG_8218.jpg

Did some floor dirtyin' in the high traffic locations. Hard to do on that shiny duct tape. More visible away than up close. Go figure.

IMG_8219.JPG.70e051e47dfb3600c53fe5cc2698007a.JPG

IMG_8220.jpg

Edited by landman