Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I got to be the 50,000th viewer of this thread.

Nice round figure. I hope you liked what you saw. I've been watching yours. It'll be quite the shop. I've been thinking about a twin post hoist. 

16 hours ago, landman said:

Nice round figure. I hope you liked what you saw. I've been watching yours. It'll be quite the shop. I've been thinking about a twin post hoist. 

Thanks. If you get a twin post from Fujimi, modify the base and bring the post closer together. Stock, the arms have to approach pointing at each other which reduces the four point spread holding the model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, landman said:

A prominent Buick restorer has brought  4 nailhead engines to FTB. They are together in the shop in various stages of assembly.

4%20Nailheads%204.jpg

They were from the Tommy Ivo Showboat kit. One has been put back as a Showboat engine.

DSC_0004.JPG

I found one 401 valve cover in the stash so I cast another one.I also cast two front cover/water pump assemblies from the 66 Riv engine as well as an intake manifold. I purchased a 3D printed intake pack from fellow member Chris Drysdale. Buit up the Showboat oil pans to work on a vertical engine. In the dragster, the engines are inclined.

710x528_28079012_15154894_1561683255[1].jpg

IMG_0322.JPG

8 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Some nice pipe work on both engines. Liking the gold and shiny one! I have not seen the Chief Joseph Rochester carburettor before, although I have heard of the Rochester carbs.

David

He is one of the resin casters. His stuff is among the very best. I attach his carb page. Click on the 1/25 Car items.Then on the item you want to look at, then on the image to enlarge it.

http://www.fireballmodels.info/

Edited by landman

1 hour ago, landman said:

He is one of the resin casters. His stuff is among the very best. I attach his carb page. Click on the 1/25 Car items.Then on the item you want to look at, then on the image to enlarge it.

http://www.fireballmodels.info/

Thanks for the link, Pat...... very interesting site for the Fireball Modelworks, and I can see the resin casting is of the highest quality.

David

• 1 month later...

Pat, I'm so happy to see some MLM parts out in the wild! That 6x2 Buick mill looks great, and the standing figure complements the scene so well! With those tapered leather shoes and narrow pant-legs, he even looks '60s.

Nice work kitbashing and resin-casting to get the exact look you were going for.

50 minutes ago, Spex84 said:

Pat, I'm so happy to see some MLM parts out in the wild! That 6x2 Buick mill looks great, and the standing figure complements the scene so well! With those tapered leather shoes and narrow pant-legs, he even looks '60s.

Nice work kitbashing and resin-casting to get the exact look you were going for.

Hope I did your parts justice.

This is absolutely mad in the very best possible way. What a job, fantastic! Never ending build. Wish I had the room. So very well done Landman, couldmyou resurface a set of Ali heads for my SBC?

Edited by Rockford

1 hour ago, Rockford said:

This is absolutely mad in the very best possible way. What a job, fantastic! Never ending build. Wish I had the room. So very well done Landman, couldmyou resurface a set of Ali heads for my SBC?

I'll have to check with the crew to see if they can fit you in.?

Just one question, Pat...... have you noticed the number of views of your topic rising by large amounts, on a daily basis? The only reason I ask, is that since the design and layout of the Forum was updated I have observed increasingly large numbers of views, while there are much less comments on my topic..... in fact, hardly any. The correlation of views to comments does not seem right to me. I would seriously question how valid the number of views registering is actually being calculated. Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe I am just getting paranoid? Not all members keep a daily record of views for their topic, so perhaps that makes me a sad old man !

David

30 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Just one question, Pat...... have you noticed the number of views of your topic rising by large amounts, on a daily basis? The only reason I ask, is that since the design and layout of the Forum was updated I have observed increasingly large numbers of views, while there are much less comments on my topic..... in fact, hardly any. The correlation of views to comments does not seem right to me. I would seriously question how valid the number of views registering is actually being calculated. Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe I am just getting paranoid? Not all members keep a daily record of views for their topic, so perhaps that makes me a sad old man !

David

David it is possible that the new arrangement gets more views as it puts our dios in with the rest of the WIPs.  The people who scan WIPs regularly see it where they didn't before. If they didn't before it is because they never or rarely went to the Diorama section. So the corresponding lack of comment is likely a result that they are just not interested. No harm done. You still have your followers.