Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blaupunkt Porsche 962 - 24 hour build

Nacho Z

I thought I would share my 2015 24 hour build with all of you. I actually nearly finished this model in the 24 hour time period. I spent several more hours on it after the official 24 hour build was done. It is a relatively easy kit. It is a low part count / high decal count kit. It is a Tamiya kit.

Let me know what you think!

DSC00761-vi.jpg

DSC00762-vi.jpg

DSC00763-vi.jpg

DSC00764-vi.jpg

DSC00767-vi.jpg

DSC00768-vi.jpg

DSC00770-vi.jpg

DSC00773-vi.jpg

DSC00776-vi.jpg

DSC00778-vi.jpg

Nice clean work. Hard to believe it a 24 hour build. What kit was it. How did you manage to do the decals in such a short time frame.

Thanks Bob! Since the first 24 hour build I participated in I have tried to keep the spirit of the idea, to start and finish a model in 24 hours. I cleaned up the body first, shot Tamiya primer and Tamiya paint. Set body in a dehydrator for a few hours. The paint that you see has not been rubbed out at all. This gave me plenty of time to lay down the decals. I got about 70% of decals on in the 24 hour period.

Thanks for the comments, guys! I believe the decals are by Cartograph. They were great to work with. The blue "strobe" style decals from front to back were fairly large. Each side was three pieces. I only had to use Micro Sol and Micro Set on them and that was mostly to get the decals to settle into the panel lines. There was very little carrier film around the edges. In fact, I didn't trim any of these decals. That is also partly due to the fact of having 24 hours to get the model completed.