Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy from Beaverton, Oregon

Hello all. I enjoyed putting together model cars as a kid growing up in NYC. Fifty years later I'm eager to get back into it. Things don't seem to have changed much, with the exception of the tons of info available on the internet. I've spent many hours watching videos on Youtube and reading forum posts and cruising hobby web sites. Great stuff! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to upload tutorials. I haven't glued two parts together yet and I already know way more than I used to.

I put together a supply list and a projects list. Most of the supplies I've ordered from various web sites and I'm still waiting for most of it to arrive. I've set up a little work station in my man cave and should be ready to start ruining kits in a week or two. I've so far bought the folllowing kits on line, most because they were a particularly good deal and/or hard to find:

1953 Studebaker Starliner Coupe AMT/ERTL

1958 T-Bird Monogram

1953 Corvette, Monogram

1963 Chrysler Turbine Car, Jo-Han

1963 Avanti Reggie Jackson model AMT

My project list is quite long, with a heavy emphasis on American cars 1950's and 1960's (how unusual).

That's enough for now. I'm really excited about getting back into modeling.

Hello John and Richard. John, I no longer have a Facebook account and can't access your page. Richard, I'm originally from Queens and lived on Long Island during the 1970's. East Setauket, Port Jefferson Station, Comak. My first steady job was driving a school bus for the Three Village school district.