Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Chevy Candy Red Custom

Steve_L

With approximately 120+ completed projects, I have only built one other slammer. The other project was not well received, but this build was a fun one!

While wandering through a local hobby store, I spotted a Lindberg "Bel Air Bomb" 1953 Chevy kit with a hopping chassis and illuminated headlights and taillights. I almost passed it by, but then I noticed it had a nicely chopped top and nicely extended and frenched headlights. Since I had a 40% off coupon in my hand, I decided to buy it and go for a retro custom project. I dechromed parts of the body and channeled it over a donor Monogram 1953 Chevy chassis. I added extended frenched taillights and removed the front and rear bumper guards. I installed deep chrome reverse wheels and wide white wall tires. I painted it my favorite color, Spaz Stix candy red, and added bare metal foil to take me where I wanted to go.

Enjoy!

IMG_7480-vi.jpg

IMG_7481-vi.jpg

IMG_7482-vi.jpg

IMG_7483-vi.jpg

Edited by Steve_L

Absolutely nothing wrong with that , it's beautiful ! :D

Where did you find the deep wheels ?

There are a set of two (for the drag slicks?) in the AMT 1957 Chevy Bel Air kit. I "borrowed" four of them from two kits...

That is just plain old lusty!

I love the '53. I had one but had to sell it unfinished, and i still miss it to this day.

You really nailed the look, and the finish is superb man. Kudos.

When did Lindberg do a 53 though???