Model Cars Magazine Forum

Number 1 model

How long has this person built models ?

What are their interest, Aircraft, military, trains, automotive?

What kind of cars, assuming the category selected?

How much do you want to spend?

How much time do you want to spend?

How much effort do you want to put into this model?

Do you have any model building tools?

Paint?

Glue?

Hobby knives"

etc.

How much space do you have to build said model?

How much space do you have to display the model?

Are you really sure this is what you want to do?

I think maybe he just has builders block and wants some inspiration!! If I had to recommend any model it would be the special edition revel 32 5 window coupe. It was a lot of fun to build and lots of parts to pick from.

Don't over think it guys!

The coolest model I've built and would recommend is the Revell Saturn V Lunar rocket kit 1/144 scale with the lander!

When I was 13 yrs. old they were still going to the moon and building this kit at the time was awesome!

As of right now, one of the best I've built is the Mobius '55 Chrysler 300.

Steve

Agreed,

Based solely on what I myself have built,,,,, be it old or an all new tool kits.

This one went together with ZERO issues and displays extremely well . MY one and only complaint is the instructions are a little vague with some of the details.

Although for a 1st time builder it might be a touch to much

post-9887-0-99652200-1430080105_thumb.jp

Well, I'm speaking form my own perspective as I'm a totally newbie here.

And I chose kits which were not really appropriate but that road is already traveled. In fact these kits took most of the fun out of it and I am just as of late starting to enjoy myself.

But I almost quit several times.

If I was open to guidance, it would have saved a lot of money, frustration etc...

So I don't think its an analysis-paralysis moment here.

If you wanna do our hobby right, I don't think you can simply dive into it, especially with all the choices and outlets available now.

Edited by aurfalien

AMT/Ertl International Scout II. Low on detail, which makes it easy to assemble, and eventually customize. Straight body lines with essentially no curves... A very good blank canvas. I have one I built when I was younger and am now using it for the Cannonball, and have since acquired another kit of which I may do something with in the future.

However what if by number 1 model, he meant the best?

Now the best is very very subjective but to me, a top rated over all model in terms of detail and subject matter would be a MFH Ferrari 330P4, very stunning indeed.

By most accounts I'd say MFH is probably one of the best in terms of accuracy, detail and materials used.

Of course I'd have to defer to the true experts here as like I said, I'm very very new to all this.