Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darwinism at work

jbwelda

two stories in the local paper today:

man dies on 21st birthday trying to swim across a pond while carrying a 10 lb rock. police suspect alcohol was involved. Duh.

man shot and killed by friend in local park was testing his bulletproof vest. another successful test! Mother said he was a "sweet boy". Right. Sweet boy with a use for a bulletproof vest and not enough upstairs to maybe test it out on a tree first. The kid who he asked to shoot him reassured him "Its alright bro". Another bro-dude gone!

that's two down and what, 120 million to go?

jb

Harry, did you hear about the Hanover Park resident that died at the Chevelle concert at the Aragon Ball Room?

Apparently he and a couple buddies got up on the catwalk above the stage to watch the show. His buddies turned around to find him missing and somebody found him stuck on the Aragon's pipe organ!

Harry, did you hear about the Hanover Park resident that died at the Chevelle concert at the Aragon Ball Room?

Apparently he and a couple buddies got up on the catwalk above the stage to watch the show. His buddies turned around to find him missing and somebody found him stuck on the Aragon's pipe organ!

Yep, heard about that. Death by impalement on a pipe organ. What a way to go!

Yep, heard about that. Death by impalement on a pipe organ. What a way to go!

My sister and her boyfriend were there for the concert, but nobody knew anything happened until the CFD showed up and asked the band to delay the show until they figured out there was no saving him, then had to cancel the show...........the last show of the tour and in their "home town" with their own families on hand.

George Carlin was a bit rude & crude, but a very funny man just the same and I enjoyed seeing him live and also listen to his tapes also. He said it like it is, and threw political correctness out the door.

What does this have to do with the topic? :blink:

Was not a very good vest and why do you swim with a rock. Make you wonder what their I.Q was.

Let's just say that if his IQ was a price you would have gotten change from a dollar bill. I once had to swim 17lb of dive weights back to shore. It was tough. At least I had fins and wetsuit. Somebody with no wetsuit or fins and a 10lb rock is doomed.But, why didn't he just let go of the rock?

Traffic Camera

A man was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He
figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even
though he knew that he was not speeding... Just to be sure, he went
around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly,
but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was
quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but
the traffic camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same
result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera
flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace...Two weeks
later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat
belt..