Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some more Round2 surprizes!

Wouldn't mind seeing this as the "Great Street Machines" issue from the Seventies. Other than the wheels, I'm not sure how different that one is compared to the more-recent issues.

If Round 2 has any sense, they'll do retro box art for the 67 Charger , and maybe throw in either a set of their redlines or white letter tires. At least that would give them some kind of selling point for that kit vs. the modern Revell tool.

If Round 2 has any sense, they'll do retro box art for the 67 Charger

I like that idea--retro 1967 MPC-type box art! I think R2 has done 1965 through '69 AMT retro AMT box art, but not any original MPC retro box art yet, have they?

Do you suppose it will have the original clear hood and injectors of the annual '67 Charger?

Edited by Snake45

I like that idea--retro 1967 MPC-type box art! I think R2 has done 1965 through '69 AMT retro AMT box art, but not any original MPC retro box art yet, have they?

Actually, they've done retro boxes on several MPC kits the last couple years. A lot of them have been racing subjects, like the Pepsi Laguna stock car, but they've also done some with retro annual box art, like the 1975 Dodge Dart Sport. Not sure if they've done any from the '60s era, though. That would be pretty cool, since this is one of the earliest MPC kits that still exists, I believe.

Edited by Robberbaron

I love that box! I like Revell's Charger more than the MPC version, but you can't have too many 1st Gen. Chargers can you? I think they were actually referred to in an ad once as, "Freaky cars for freaky people", or something like that. The MPC kit has some decent street machine stuff.

Are there any external differences between a 1966 and a 1967 Charger?

I believe that the grille is different ... Beyond that , there was a new addition : "440 Four Barrel" emblems if that then-new engine was ordered ( note: the Charger R/T didn't come along until the 1968 model ; R/T was a Coronet-only package in 1967 ).

The interior changed ( no more standard fold-down rear seating ; the full-length console was also deleted [ circumcised ? ] ).

And , though you didn't ask about functional changes versus the 1966 ; the 1967 models received the requisite "'Dual' (read : tandem) Circuit Braking System" ; no more "Dixie Cup" brake master cylinders !

I think the grill was carried over. The main visual difference was the turn signal indicators on the fenders. The hubcaps were different. The rest was interior and underhood. Modelhaus makes a conversion for this kit. I need to get one before they retire!

I think the grill was carried over. The main visual difference was the turn signal indicators on the fenders. The hubcaps were different. The rest was interior and underhood. Modelhaus makes a conversion for this kit. I need to get one before they retire!

I think you've got it--you listed everything I was going to mention.

.....have not really been paying much attention to kits and such as of late, however after reading about all these Stevens re issues coming,,,a nice thought would be that the 69 cuda may come out with the annual box, and hopefully that decal sheet too. anybody know any of the juicy details here....the ace.. :huh:

MPC '67 Dodge Charger Street Machine is coming, too. Not sure if that's good news or not. :lol:

Do you suppose it will have the original clear hood and injectors of the annual '67 Charger?

I have a soft spot for that old kit, so yes, good news to me. If it has the clear hood and the injector intake, I'll very likely wet myslef a little. :lol::D

.....have not really been paying much attention to kits and such as of late, however after reading about all these Stevens re issues coming,,,a nice thought would be that the 69 cuda may come out with the annual box, and hopefully that decal sheet too. anybody know any of the juicy details here....the ace.. :huh:

The '69 'Cuda is one of my favorite cars of all time. It might have something to do with the fact that my very first Hot Wheels car was the Custom Barracuda redline. I still love the fastback body, and I think it was one of the best styled cars ever to come out of Detroit. A release of the '69 'Cuda would be great. It would be even better if a caster brought out a conversion to a '68, as that would open up the Hemi versions. I have a couple of the old issue '69s and some '68 decals, a Hemi Dart kit that I would use as a donor car and a razor saw ready to go. I think I just need the grille and taillight panel to make a '68. The rest of it would be converting over to a hemi car, using most of the Dart chassis and driveline. I would have to put van buckets in the interior, and do a lot of fitting and finagling to get all of the pieces together, but it makes a great project to dream about.

The '69 'Cuda is one of my favorite cars of all time. It might have something to do with the fact that my very first Hot Wheels car was the Custom Barracuda redline. I still love the fastback body, and I think it was one of the best styled cars ever to come out of Detroit. A release of the '69 'Cuda would be great. It would be even better if a caster brought out a conversion to a '68, as that would open up the Hemi versions. I have a couple of the old issue '69s and some '68 decals, a Hemi Dart kit that I would use as a donor car and a razor saw ready to go. I think I just need the grille and taillight panel to make a '68. The rest of it would be converting over to a hemi car, using most of the Dart chassis and driveline. I would have to put van buckets in the interior, and do a lot of fitting and finagling to get all of the pieces together, but it makes a great project to dream about.

Speed City has a 68 transkit with a corrected body and grille, bumpers, etc....

Is not the Charger kit shown here the basis for the Thunder Charger showrod?

Be nice if the could add the parts for that back into it.

I'd buy more if they did.

Yes and no. The ugly TC used chassis, interior, engine, etc parts from the stock Charger, but I'm pretty sure it had a dedicated body. It wasn't just those ugly front and rear ends stuck onto a stock body.

So no, there won't be any custom Thunder Charger parts in this issue.

I'm not positive, but I think the last issue of the Charger (AMT Buyers' Choice, yellow car on the box) had a couple of small parts from the Thunder Charger on the chrome tree. It might have been headlights or a grille insert, something like that.

If I were RC2, and I am not, I would backdate the '67 Charger to a '66. I know the wheelcovers and the seats are somewhere out there. I built the MPC '67 back in the day, and I have an unbuilt MPC and a Revell. I built this one when the Revell kit first came out.

2006_0819woodwardcruise070021.jpg.

My unbuilt MPC will probably be back-dated, as I have a set of Resin '66 seats, and a set of wheelcovers to do it.

The Challenger last issue was that convertible with separate top.

Hard to tell from someone's avatar, but it appears the box art build will be white and include the dual scoop hood first (and last?) seen in the JL-branded version, as it should if it's going to be a proper replica of the VP car. Hmmm, maybe the Cat Dozer is on deck, too...

$_12.JPG

Edited by Casey

....I ask again....does anyone know if the 69 cuda Stevens is reissuing will have the annual 69 box art and decal sheet from the original....would be great to see that after 45 years or so.....any thoughts, boys....the ace////// ;)

Edited by AC Norton

....I ask again....does anyone know if the 69 cuda Stevens is reissuing will have the annual 69 box art and decal sheet from the original....would be great to see that after 45 years or so.....any thoughts, boys....the ace////// ;)

Ask Stevens Intl??????