Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Ford LM GTE

You know, for an old GM fan, I love the Ford GTs. New and old. Naturally I'd love to see a Corvette win at overall LeMans someday. At the same time I know it will not happen. The GTs may not be as practical as my beloved Corvette, but they are very cool looking. And at least have won LeMans. I love the new GT, and can't wait for somebody to bring a kit of it to the market.

Scott

First car I've really lusted after in a long long time. You can still see the GT-40 DNA in there, but wow...!!!

As soon as I saw that picture I made it my desktop wallpaper. I can't wait to see it race. I do wonder if that rear diffuser is legal within the current rules. the fuel filler looks like it's location might cause some problems for the pit crew.

Edited by 935k3

First car I've really lusted after in a long long time. You can still see the GT-40 DNA in there, but wow...!!!

Ford-GT-LM-GTE.jpg

Really, really, really like this one. When does the kit come out.

Is it me or does anyone else see some Saleen S7 in that profile?

That video is fantastic. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, anyway...

Given the discussion we had on here a few months ago, I guess this the LM GT is the BFG in the campaign to get people to accept that the V6 is capable of anything a big V8 was. What a story if they win, eh? (Though they'll have to go some to challenge the tech of the E-Trons and diesels, never mind the bonkers Nissan GT-R). Bit of an irony that it's called an Ecoboost with doubtless squillions of BHP on tap, but if the video is anything to go by, it sounds fantastic.

Roll on the Revell kit.

...and it's not just NASCAR. The world endurance championship, which is probably the most exciting race series in the world today, gets pretty shabby treatment for TV everywhere, all the time! You've got to hope that for 2016 at least, Ford will pay to stream it through their web site ;-P

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon