Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Auto Transport Trailer

Does anyone own this kit? The description on Mega Hobby lists it as 5 1/8" tall and 6 7/8" wide. Is this true? That seems really wide. I'm wondering if they have the measurements backward. I really want one of these but the plexiglass covered shelf I have to display my trucks is only a little over 5 1/2" wide.

transport.jpg

Thanks for the measurements. I ordered one. Good way to display some of my Mopars I built years ago. The trailer is still in stock at hobbylinc.com for those of you who are wanting one.

Hey Tom, if you measure from the ground to the top of your highest camaro, how many inches is it? looks like around 8" to me.

If I get a chance tonight I will measure it for you.

Yes, paint all parts first, then assemble, much easier that way.

Also of note, the plumbing diagram sucks for the hydraulic lines, and you have to make holes or fittings for the rams for the hoses to attach to them.

Jon, I have it in a display case, toward the front, so I had to measure it in an eyeball kinda way [case is a paint to move to get into], but it looks to be 6 1/2 to maybe 7 tall from 'ground' to car roof top.

• 3 weeks later...

Jon at Model Cave in Ypsilanti, MI, apparently ordered a batch of these and today he told me most of them were gone. He had only seven left when I visited today, and his price seemed to me to be below what I was expecting.

His store is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays....recommend you give him a call on Wednesday if you are still looking for this trailer.

TIM

• 4 months later...