Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 Ford convertible

crazyjim

Here's my '36 Ford convertible. I thought it would be a roadster, but the box says convertible. It's finished in HOK burgundy kandy over orion silver basecoat. Big & little Pegasus wheels, frenched taillights, highback bucket seats and a console. I left the hood sides off to better view the all chrome TBird engine.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Love the colors!

If I recall correctly a roadster, by defination, has a removable top and windshield. This could be more accurately described as a convertible as such.

Somebody more knowledgeble will chime in I'm sure..... :)

G

Love the colors!

If I recall correctly a roadster, by defination, has a removable top and windshield. This could be more accurately described as a convertible as such.

Somebody more knowledgeble will chime in I'm sure..... :)

G

Roll up Windows is what makes this car a Convertible. That is what my limited knowledge has to offer .

Great looking 36 Jim.

Very nicely done! FWIW, the difference between the Monogram kit and a "convertible" (Ford still termed this body stye "Cabriolet) and a "roadster" is that roadsters did not have rollup side windows, but rather they still used snap-on side curtains for inclement weather. In keeping with tradition, Ford's roadsters, 1933-36 used a bolt-on windshield frame that was chrome plated, while their last couple of years of roadsters had windshields built integral with the cowling in much the same manner as a cabriolet (convertible) and 4dr convertible sedans.

Art

Jim I had a friend call me tonight and ask if I had heard the name crazyjim over on this board I replied yes he does beautiful work. Then he said you gotta check out his 36 ford it it stunning, man was he right great job Jim.