Model Cars Magazine Forum

No More Hobby Heaven?

:mellow: Guy's I was lookin on Evil bay, found something interesting, and read that Hobby Heaven was gone and in it's place was a new co. called Spotlight hobbies. Does anyone know about it or how to get ahold of it? I'd rather deal directly with them than do the E-bay thing.Thanks George53.

George, I can't totally speak for Tom Carter, but he changed his handle to Spotlight Hobbies when he dissolved the Hobby Heaven business. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he solely does business on eBay now and not directly like before.

If someone out there knows more than I..............feel free to correct me on this. :mellow:

BTW, he can be found here where he shows most of what's on auction when you first get there. :P

Edited by MrObsessive

:mellow: Guy's I was lookin on Evil bay, found something interesting, and read that Hobby Heaven was gone and in it's place was a new co. called Spotlight hobbies. Does anyone know about it or how to get ahold of it? I'd rather deal directly with them than do the E-bay thing.Thanks George53.

I don't think so. As there is no more store front. And there is no them anymore, AFAIK Tom is just running personal auctions now through Ebay under the spotlight guise. The former HH was said to have been sold off by a auction house under the direction of creditors and leanholders - and (what was left) it did sell a few months back. I believe Tom is just selling off personal collections and possibly collection from estates, but I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

I suppose you could send him an E-mail through Ebay and ask.

:rolleyes: Mr.O,and Cal,Thanks for the reply, I used to buy ALOT of stuff from him,enjoyed the catalogs and ALWAYS found stuff to buy.I'm sure gonna miss him. Is there any one else that does something similar, or was he the only one? I dont really mess with the evil one cause I don't like the"hit or miss" aspect of it. I'd rather just pay the price flat out if I want it bad enough.Thanks again fellas I do appericeate it.George53

" The former HH was said to have been sold off by a auction house under the direction of creditors and leanholders "

Where did you hear that CAL ?

It was listed at a couple different auctions at different times and as a matter of public record that is how it was listed.

Hi guys. I kicked “CAL†off my message board a couple years ago and I see he’s on here now trying to discredit me with his slanderous posts, which is basically what he was trying to do a couple years ago on my board. Please just ignore him.

Hobby Heaven was dissolved due to declining sales and limited selections from the manufacturers. My new business is Spotlight Hobbies, and although my sales at this time are primarily on eBay and at shows, I have lots of exciting things in the works and I look forward to serving you well into the future through this new venture.

Thanks, Tom Carter, Spotlight Hobbies

Worleys Auction and Appraisers INC.

Bidding Ends

Tuesday

November 6th

3:00 p.m.

Former Hobby Heaven Auction

Online-Only Auction

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Hobby Heaven was a former internet company specializing in vintage and current kit models that has been ordered sold by their secured creditor! hundreds of vintage models will be sold in an entirety bid along with warehouse/shipping and office equipment which will be sold seperately-this is an opportunity for someone with some time and a little internet saavy to buy and resell

http://worleyauctions.com/worleycalendar072.htm

Worleys Auction and Appraisers INC.

Bidding Ends

Tuesday

November 6th

3:00 p.m.

Former Hobby Heaven Auction

Online-Only Auction

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Hobby Heaven was a former internet company specializing in vintage and current kit models that has been ordered sold by their secured creditor! hundreds of vintage models will be sold in an entirety bid along with warehouse/shipping and office equipment which will be sold seperately-this is an opportunity for someone with some time and a little internet saavy to buy and resell

http://worleyauctions.com/worleycalendar072.htm

Do you have a point here Cal? Most business loans and/or lines of credit require immediate payment of the loans at the termination of business. When the resturant chain I worked for years ago (Tomato Rumba's Chose to close up shop, they were required to aution off the property and equipment to satisfy their financial commitments. This is a standard practice.

Tom Chose to close Hobby Heaven on his own terms and like any reputable business would he sold off the remains of the business to settle his affairs. I realise you have a grudge with him, but why don't you give it a rest. I have been a Customer of Tom & Hobby Heaven for over 20 years, and not once have I had any reason to complain.

If you had some valid point to make here let's hear it.

all I did was answer a question to the best of my knowledge.

But a whole lot more could be said about who slandered who, who discredited who, who lied and who didn't and who's honest and who isn't, but I think the point has been made and clear enough for anyone with the IQ above room temp to figure it out.

It doen't take a genius or someone with a business degree to put it together.

Edited by CAL

all I did was answer a question to the best of my knowledge.

But a whole lot more could be said about who slandered who, who discredited who, who lied and who didn't and who's honest and who isn't, but I think the point has been made and clear enough for anyone with the IQ above room temp to figure it out.

It doen't take a genius or someone with a business degree to put it together.

You're right it's crystal clear. You're making good progress. Admitting you have a problem is always the first step :rolleyes:

You're right it's crystal clear. You're making good progress. Admitting you have a problem is always the first step :P

Too bad I'm not the one with the problem :o

nor the one adding gas to a fire B)

Too bad I'm not the one with the problem :P

nor the one adding gas to a fire B)

Dude, I was just busting your chops. Little sensitive today? Geeez! But have you noticed that so far nobody has chimed in sharing your low opinion of Tom Carter? I was just saying that he has a long track record of honorable business practices, and thus far I've yet to hear anyone speak ill of him but you. Many people here count him as a friend, myself included. We all can see your intentions here.

Dude, I was just busting your chops. Little sensitive today? Geeez! But have you noticed that so far nobody has chimed in sharing your low opinion of Tom Carter? I was just saying that he has a long track record of honorable business practices, and thus far I've yet to hear anyone speak ill of him but you. Many people here count him as a friend, myself included. We all can see your intentions here.

I agree with rob.

Cheers

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to HobbyHeaven.

I used to buy a lot from him back in the days.

When I got back into modeling I couldn't find his site or P#.

(the #1 reason I got a C.C.)

Now that I know he is on eBay.

( Now I have to get a paypal account)

I'll know I'm buying from a good seller.

With out fear of being jacked..

#1 reason why I've never bought off Ebay..

Now I'll go to Ebay.

Edited by Zukiholic