Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Ford Galaxie

om617

Not sure at first where to go with this but did settle for a subtile street machine. Older AMT,got it built up as a Nascar,tried to improve it a bit. 

Comments and constructive critism is welcome. Thanks for looking,here are some pictures. 

Great restoration! Really like the color combo and the wheel/tire choice. Nice detailing under the hood, too.

Since you asked, my only suggestion would be to add some spacers, or something, to widen the front track width a bit. The wheels look like they're tucked too far inside the wheel well.

I`ll check if i have other wheelbacks so the wheelbase improve a bit. Was unsure about color on the Halibrand wheels,but after some

googling i went for gold like some 60s rods and stuff used,but i might change. The battery is to modern anyway for it to look 60s style.

The chrom on bumpers was shot,so i used BMF,also had to make from scratch the fender ornaments,so this is a little rough,but good

practice. Also tried the melting parts sprue for antenna. The last thing bugging is i have to try to put somthing under the tub to make it

more flush with the window line. 

Thanks for the comments.

Fantastic job. Love the color combo, and the Cammer is perfect. I like the wheels too, that dull gold is the color that many real magnesium wheels started out as, and they look the part. The only thing I would do (as has been suggested) is to move the front wheels out just a little closer to the fenders.

• 1 month later...