Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Racer

cruz

Very nice..

but those letters on the windshield stand for...   A=top class level largest engine/lightest weight

G=gasoline  

S=supercharged/blown.

That poor Ford wouldn't have a chance  :(

Edited by mike 51

Beautiful Build.  Love the stance.  One thing bothers me though.  I've seen this many times before, but the class designation seems to be for a supercharged car.  If I'm not mistaken, that's what the "S" stands for.  Am I wrong on this?

Edited by Old Nasty

"..... but the class designation seems to be for a supercharged car.  If I'm not mistaken, that's what the "S" stands for.  Am I mistaken on this?"

Nope you're right,but those decals were included in the kit but it,of course,didn't even have the supercharged version of that motor. 

His Ford would more likely be in Modified Production or Jr. Stocker.  

Very nice..

but those letters on the windshield stand for...   A=top class level largest engine/lightest weight

G=gasoline  

S=supercharged/blown.

That poor Ford wouldn't have a chance  :(

The Gas classes were for cars that fell between MP (modified production) and A (altered) classes, this one having bumpers, lights, and is basically streetable would actually fall into a modified production class, possibly D, G, or E depending on weight per cubic inch factoring, and would probably be fairly competitive, I had a '56 Chevy with a 287 cubic inch engine, (283 bored .030 over) that fell into E modified production, but with the bumper off which was a popular choice in the time, it was put into E gas where it wouldn't stand a chance, even if it was the only car in class because to trophy it had to run within a certain percentage of the class record. I can remember one Sunday when a certain '58 Chevy Del Rey showed up that had been dominating A modified production and someone in tech noticed the big cast X on the front of the block meaning it was a 409, and not a 348 and wouldn't run in modified production, so they pulled the front bumper off and yep, you guessed it, dominated the A Gas class.