Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonballrun 2015 - 1964 Mini

christian-w

Here it comes - my competitor for the Cannonballrun 2015 - "The Sleeperball"

It bases on the Tamiya Mini in 1/24. Studded with fine parts out of a Honda Integra (engine, transmission), Honda Civic (exhaust system, interior) and self made little things. Some more cutting on the engine and engine compartment as well as the dash board as supposed were needed but in the end it fits properly. I looks clean like an oob without seat belts or such things. My priority was fitting the "foreign" parts and the clean look.

Here the pictures. Feel free to say, what you think :)

942_18.jpg

942_19.jpg

942_20.jpg

942_21.jpg

942_23.jpg

942_27.jpg

942_29.jpg

942_30.jpg

If you like it, please vote for it here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/106766-2015-cannonball-run-cbp-completed-builds-thread/

Edited by christian-w
insert thread to vote

Thanks, Bill.

The yellow one has been painted with airbrush colors by aeropro (water stuff) and clear coat out of the rattle can (K-Lack - Germany ;)) It is lemon mixed with a little light green. The ratio was visceral. The hood is rattle can flat black.

The brown one has been fillered only with cheap paint out of the rattle can as usually. The filler was so smooth that I tested a layer of clear coat. It turned out pretty well that I then decided not to chance it. I was astonished about the result. So you can say, that the brown one doesn't have a paint :lol: The roof is black by K-Lack.

like your mini Brother. cool idea, looking good in my view. only the yellow is screaming in the pictures - seen it real, it looks different?

Love 'em both. Love the real ones too. There's a company in my state that builds Honda B-series-powered early Minis, and they're really fun cars.

really? uiuiui...like a ride on a connonball i think:o