Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2016 releases

gasman

I meant that the GT will be the new one that just debuted earlier this year as opposed to the Ford GT from a few years back.  Polar Lights and Jada already made that one. But, hey, I didn't think they'd do the same Crown Vic police car that Lindberg did, so what do I know

Revell, taking logic and just throwing it right out the window ,  I do hope its the 2016 version, but I would not be bit surprised if its the older model.

I feel confident it's the new one because it's designated as a "GT" and not a "GT-40." Looking forward to that one. 

It should be the new one but the 2005 Ford was also just "GT".  Not likely to be that one though, the new GT is a teenager's bedroom poster material.  Along with SI Swimsuit models.

Edited by The Junkman

Revell's Fleetside box has the outer fenders and bed floor molded as one piece.  Construction and alignment are simplified, but the way it is molded gives the effect of double-walled bed sides, which the 1:1 trucks did not have.  The SMP/AMT annual kits got it more correct in this detail.

The'64-'66  Chevrolet fleetside beds that I've owned have ALL been like the Revell models in that the upper part of the inner bed is the outer part too, but the lower portion is a straight down surface, and is in fact a double wall to prevent items in the bed from bending up the outer surface if it rolls around and hits the sides. That's why you see step side beds that look like they've been carrying loose cannon balls around, but the fleetside beds seldom show damage from the inside that shows on the outside.

Thanks, Gary. It looks like both the Chevy P/U and the '67 Camaro are both very lightly re-tooled re-issues of older kits.

Nice to see but not a "Must-Have" by any means. Sorry, Revell, you get none of my Modeling Dollars this quarter.

Maybe the Second Quarter will be better. The rest of the First Quarter releases are total Zeros to me, but I hope they sell to others.

Maybe Revell, is just worn out, from last year. I hope the excitement returns later in 2016.

Nothing there really lights my fire 'cept for the Camaro since it will have the hidden headlights. Makes it a bit easier to do this car...............

Maybe, maybe not. Chances are the grille will be as wrongly shaped as the one in the first kit. They'd almost have to correct the body itself to get the right shape.

It does have the Stinger-type hood, though, which is good. I'll prolly get one and replace the grille with a Modelhaus repop of the original AMT '67 annual unit, tweaking the body to match.

I meant that the GT will be the new one that just debuted earlier this year as opposed to the Ford GT from a few years back.  Polar Lights and Jada already made that one. But, hey, I didn't think they'd do the same Crown Vic police car that Lindberg did, so what do I know? 

Alright, dont let being right go to your head now :P:lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Surprised that Revell USA is issuing the Porsche 918. I would've not bought the Revell AG version if I knew that. Odds are the USA version will be molded in white. 

Great too see that the GT is the 2017 version. If it's like there C7 Corvette snap kit then I will be happy. 

The ZL1 and 2014 Mustangs are not listed as pre-paints. So I'm assuming they will be molded in white and not painted

Nothing there really lights my fire 'cept for the Camaro since it will have the hidden headlights. Makes it a bit easier to do this car...............

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.myrideisme

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fimage.superche

1967 Camaro "Cherokee". One of the nicer Camaro one-offs done back then! ;)

I , too , am awaiting the arrival of the NicKey Camaro !

I've always really , really liked the Cherokee , too ! That plexiglass hood bubble is so cool !

Surprised that Revell USA is issuing the Porsche 918. I would've not bought the Revell AG version if I knew that. Odds are the USA version will be molded in white. 

Odds are its gonna be squished in a box that is not big enough for the kit, like a lot Revell US boxed RoG kits,  you are better off with getting the 918 in a RoG box, unless you like warped kits.

Edited by martinfan5

The 918 will invariably be crammed into a box that's 2 times to small for it and be a warped pile of nonsense like most other rebox kits they've done in the past five years.

Beyond that I like that Revell has created an all new category of car design - ProStreet DONK.  What in the world is going on with those wheels and that goofy cowl induction?

But not only will those two be molded in white, they're also...full detail?  They're being listed as Skill Level 4 Glue kits.

Here me out -- there's still a listing on Tower Hobbies for a December releases of a '13 Camaro ZL1 for $15.95, that's the unpainted kit.  There's ALSO been a listing on Tower for about a month now for that Camaro shown on the flier under the Revell name with a price of $19.95.  Unless you're gonna try to tell me that goofy hood and donktastic Jada diecast wheels incur a $4 upcharge, I'd like to think I'm getting a real chassis and what not under those kits.

IF those kits come with stock hoods and wheels and are actual model kits rather than the weird 'Showroom Replica with an "Engine"' of the prepaints then I'm in for both, otherwise best of luck combining two long faded trends into one.  The Camaro will 99% not have all of it's weird rear end issues fixed, so skip.  Guess I'll take the '66 Fleetside and see what the rest of 2016 holds.

Edited by niteowl7710