Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barry Setzer 1/16 "Monocoque" Dragster: On the Workbench 12/6/15

John Teresi

I already loved your 1/24th scale version of this, so I'm sure this one will be off-the-charts in 1/16th, John. I always thought Barry's dragster was one of the prettiest top fuelers ever built. Looking forward to this one!

Edited by AZ Boy

Hello........Chris ,Mike and MCM friend.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the body finished......I just need to shape a little more......I also made the poseable front end and wing and got it mocked-up........I still need to make some wing brackets.... ..thanks for looking

DSCF0584_zpsf4kldvs5.jpg

DSCF0588_zpsfdse3wus.jpg

DSCF0585_zps92wldce2.jpg

DSCF0578_zpsimw7djh5.jpg

DSCF0590_zpscikol7vw.jpg

DSCF0577_zpsuadgfivg.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all  so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I made a roll cage and got some progress done in the cock pit ........I also got most of the "Monocque" finished .....I also seperated the rear back section of the car to reveal the engine like the 1:1 car.....and I made a fuel tank.......thanks for looking

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them:)........I made the braces for the roll cage and spoiler.......I also made some braces for the front spoiler.......I made the tie rod too but,it is not shown in these pics........I made the push bar and parchute braces......I also made the brace fore the rear section of the body......and made some front axle dust covers.......thanks for looking