Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barry Setzer 1/16 "Monocoque" Dragster: On the Workbench 12/6/15

John Teresi

That's a mighty fine swimming pool for the eyes.  Everywhere I look John, you can just "drown" in the details. The ones that caught my eye THIS time, the ed pink decal on the valve covers, the drape of your ignition lines and of course, the perfection / symmetry of your bent, metal fuel lines in the manifold and injector. Great work. tim

That's a mighty fine swimming pool for the eyes.  Everywhere I look John, you can just "drown" in the details. The ones that caught my eye THIS time, the ed pink decal on the valve covers, the drape of your ignition lines and of course, the perfection / symmetry of your bent, metal fuel lines in the manifold and injector. Great work. tim

I second Tim's emotions and would like to point out one other really cool detail.

It isn't enough for John that he make a realistic blower belt, but he ingeniously puts the splice in the SIDE of the pulley, instead of it being the first thing a judge would notice or where it would stick out like a sore thumb under a mirror.

I also love the barely visible plug boots and the intake manifold pressure reliefs.

John,

Great Subject Matter..........This build is off the hook, you are truly a master builder........... Lil John would be proud of your efforts.

The 1:1 car has much historical value in the days of run what you brung vs the spec cars of today. Although the car was never a success on the track the Monocoque design was unique and inspired by Johns love for INDY cars.

I don't want to Hi-Jack your thread. Lil John was a personal friend (he built a car for me) perhaps some history on the car and Lil would be a nice touch.

If you are interested in some personal antics of Lil John P.M. me, I'd be more than happy to share.

Again Awesome build!

Respectfully, Jimmy "RASS"

John,

Great Subject Matter..........This build is off the hook, you are truly a master builder........... Lil John would be proud of your efforts.

The 1:1 car has much historical value in the days of run what you brung vs the spec cars of today. Although the car was never a success on the track the Monocoque design was unique and inspired by Johns love for INDY cars.

I don't want to Hi-Jack your thread. Lil John was a personal friend (he built a car for me) perhaps some history on the car and Lil would be a nice touch.

If you are interested in some personal antics of Lil John P.M. me, I'd be more than happy to share.

Again Awesome build!

Respectfully, Jimmy "RASS"

Hi Jimmy......PM sent

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I worked on the cock-pit......I used a "Pro Tech" 5 point seatbelt harness......I got the 'Monocoque" chassis finished......I just need to add the fuel shut off cable and steering wheel.......then I will get the body ready for paint.....thanks for looking

DSCF0915_zps2lrbwmf1.jpg

DSCF0898_zpsw3jtjdur.jpg

DSCF0892_zpse4xgugjh.jpg

DSCF0896_zps06x1ubkn.jpg

DSCF0891_zpszrvqaum7.jpg

DSCF0904_zpspmnf6jgz.jpg

DSCF0900_zpsfup0rh9v.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Holy Crapola......Mom Johns showing off again.... Flex.gif

I think I messed myself.... pissedpants.gif 

John... I think you have some gorgeous work there Brother. Hot Damnn Does that look awesome. I may have to pack away the Army Vega Funny Car now. You are a Bad A$$ and a crazy MoFo In a good way :lol: :D.This is some awesome work you have done here.

This deserves...

Dancingguy.gif

wav.gif

Edited by Mooneyzs