Model Cars Magazine Forum

looking for mechanical fuel pumps

You can also check the AMT `70 1/2 Baldwin Motion Camaro kit, has a duel electric fuel pump like this one...

*42_copy.thumb.jpg.7a4db2af416e45de38246

However, I have the Replicas & Miniatures Holly Blue fuel pump and its has far better engraved detail than the AMT Baldwin pump IMHO.  Just an FYI.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Are you asking about mechanical fuel pumps that attac,h to the block (like Chevy Big and Small Block engines) or in-line pumps mounted on the chassis?

I'm looking for factory style OEM or Holley/Carter mechanicL pumps that bolt to the side of the block and are camshaft driven.

I'm looking for factory style OEM or Holley/Carter mechanicL pumps that bolt to the side of the block and are camshaft driven.

That's what I thought from your original post.  I don't remember seeing any from resin casters.  When I use other fuel pump options, I will usually save the ones that aren't blobs on the block (lot of older AMT engines).  Revell has a lot of engines with separate fuel pumps that I stuff in the stash when I don't use them.  Wish I could help you more.

• 4 weeks later...

The 302 Camaro engine in the old Monogram Quicksilver kit I have didn't have a fuel pump at all, and the glue bomb Z28 that I got barely had enough of it left that was recognizable. Being fairly adept at 'lathe turning' parts on my motor tool, I was able to crank out the top all-circular section of what looks like a GM fuel pump on that, but I ended up needed my miniature lathe to turn the bottom 'bowl' part (or whatever that is) out of a short length of .125" brass tube. Nothing looks more like metal than metal. The brass part has plastic sprue infilling it, so that I could drill into it for the inlet and outlet fuel lines, and so that the plastic upper part would have some plastic to glue to. What remains of the glue bomb fuel pump is the blue plastic shape that locates to the engine block. Stay tuned over at my Quicksilver project for the finished result.

fuel p 2 pc.JPG