Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 & Great Dane Reefer Trailer

My first big rig in this forum, built 10 or 15 years ago from kits that were even older. The tractor was sold as a Matchbox-AMT kit, the Great Dane Reefer Trailer was still a genuine Ertl product.

Though my skills have hopefully improved in the meantime I think the result is not too poor to be shown. I hope you like it!

Are you kidding??!! This looks GREAT!!!!! Wow!!!! What a good looking truck....You've done a Beautiful job on this thing.....A very classy and tasteful take on an American icon....I absolutely LOVE that paint scheme....That blue and white over orange.....WOW!!! I never would have thought those colors would look so good together......Outstanding.....

I am very glad about the resonse for my model, thanks a lot!

Especially the Ertl trailer was a pleasure to build. Hopefully there will be a Round 2 re-release.

What a nice clean combo. I like the color scheme, and that trailer looks amazing. I dont think Ive ever built an Ertl van trailer. Is that alclad, or is the kit chromed?

The front panel and the rear doors were chrome parts of the trailer kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Back at the workbench after all those lazy holidays I hope to spend more time modeling in 2016.

Thanks again for all your compliments!

When I was young an experienced modeler once told me that white/light blue, white/light grey and white/yellow looks good on any truck model. I think he was right.