Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kits did you get for Christmas?

Well not kits exactly, my wife gave me a gift certificate for our LHS and my daughter sent me a Lego Millennium Falcon and X- Wing plus a gift card for our local theater to see Star Wars (again!!) I guess Lego counts as a kit (kinda?) Was always into Lego and have my daughter and hopefully my yet to be born grandchild (another Christmas surprise) hooked too.

Edited by Phirewriter

Here is a couple of kits I had never seen before. Wife got me these, no idea what scale they are, but the one is a Landcruiser so I am happy. They are about two inches long.

20151227_200609_zps9cnciewt.jpg

Daughter got me an airbrush too. 

Also got a gift certificate for the LHS from my in-laws.

Edited by 68shortfleet

Are these similar in size to Tamiya's mini 4WD series? Battery powered or pullback? At 2" I'm guessing pullback, I've never seen these before. They're really neat looking. Can't go wrong with a Landcruiser and a FJ plus an airbrush, nice!!! 

Edited by Phirewriter

No kits but I did get some spending loot.Now the dilemma.Do I buy myself some clothes-I could use some shirts and maybe some new boots-or do I add to the circa 1300 kit stash?Hmmmm.That Moebius '61 Pontiac is sure tempting.

I forgot to add that my daughter also got me a sub for Model Cars magazine.I knew I raised her right!

Edited by ZTony8

Are these similar in size to Tamiya's mini 4WD series? Battery powered or pullback? At 2" I'm guessing pullback, I've never seen these before. They're really neat looking. Can't go wrong with a Landcruiser and a FJ plus an airbrush, nice!!! 

I have never had a Tamiya mini to compare too. I this picture you can see that it is about 2.25" long. In the little bag on the left you may be able to see the drive axle with gears to make it 4wd, also in the bag are contacts for a battery. But there is not an electric motor in the kit, but a part number to get the right one maybe.