Model Cars Magazine Forum

crazy winter

1930fordpickup

Andy...a few days ago we had almost 70 out and a severe thunderstorm with wind and pretty good sized hail...around us there was a few funnel clouds close to a touchdown...now its in the 30s with snow in the forecast...?

Mark 10 miles west of me they  had a Tornado  take out the power, shingles off a house to bare wood on the roof and then tore up a barn and moved a metal corral about 70 feet. The guy with the damaged barn was in another barn when it happened. He is on the Fire Department over there and said it was a Tornado. 

It's been strange here, too.  Downstate, in Canton they had the first ever confirmed December tornado in Michigan, on Christmas Eve.  We had thunderstorms and high winds, leaving us without power for three and a half days.  I had to bail out and drive about 45 miles to a hotel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  (Too much medical stuff to plug in, and she can't tolerate the cold at all)  We had just gotten back into the house, with power restored when we had the big snow and ice storm.  We thought we might lose power again.  I had just thrown out the contents of the fridge and freezer, and I wasn't going to buy more perishables until the weather forcast settled down a bit!  We lived on peanut butter and other hard foods for a couple of days.  The wildest part of the week was two days after Christmas, while driving back to check out the house and move back in, I saw a sailboat darting around on Houghton Lake!  Some guy was having a blast in a Snark.

Now, I think Winter is finally arriving.  I'm ready for Spring!

It's 50 outside today west of Philly. I did a few outside chores including changing a headlight bulb on the LaCrosse.  Why did they have to make that a major pain in the tail?

Two reasons, basically. 1) It was designed by people who never changed a light-bulb in a vehicle, never will, and who wouldn't think making something easy-to-service is a valid engineering or design goal, and whose primary professional focus is attending meetings and covering their behinds while kissing enough butt to ensure their salaries and benefits continue, and 2) if it's a major pain in the tail, the dealership can charge 2 hours flat rate (or whatever ridiculous time is listed) to do it.

This is the real world, if you calls it like you sees it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy