Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Royale

This will be my rendition of a Diamond Reo Royale.  There will be a lot of artistic license used as I have only seen a few in real life. My original idea was to convert a GMC Astro but discussing this with a good friend who is also a outstanding truck modeler he suggested the KW K-123 kit, so that will be my base kit. There will be lots of parts box items used along with a DR truck kit (on order) for the grill and emblems to get this model as close to the pictures I have collected.

PC314417.jpg

Edited by Old Buckaroo

This one will be awesome! Sean, have you seen the thread over on Hank's Forum under "Old Trucks" of the "Diamond in the rough"? It is a restoration project of one of these, with tons of good pictures. It is under "Old Trucks", or type in "Diamond Reo" in the search box. Looking forward to seeing more!

Brian, yes I have seen that thread. Truth be known that was my inspiration due to all the great reference pictures.

Terry - I have already sawed the roof of the KW cab as its "shape and lines were not working for me.

Thanks to everyone else for commenting - it should be an adventure ! :unsure:

Cab update, sawed off the top replaced with a chunk of .060 styrene for height and shaping. Stole the grill from my "Reo 98" . Made the square headlight buckets with aid of a "chopper tool" , filed the top windshield post square. Pretty rough but it makes me think this will be a doable project.  I will be using a AMT Diamond Reo kit for the frame so the cross members kinda resemble the real truck.