Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Royale

Thanks guys, that axle about made me crazy. My handling of small parts is pretty poor anymore.

I worked on the cab some more today, filled the old hatches and scribed new ones.  First I made a styrene pattern and attached it with double sided scotch tape. Next I took the pinvise with a tip made from a "T-Pin" and scribed around it several times being very careful on the corners and around the filled areas.  After I had a good scribe I followed up with the scribbing tool and widened the gap. A touch of liquid cement takes away the fuzz and cleans the groove.

Thanks guys for commenting

More work on the cab today. I needed to get the cab toe-steps made. I brought in the Chopper again, these things are great for cutting multiple pieces the same size.   

all five pieces cut

Assembled

and in place

Thanks for looking in - until next time ;)

Clayton - This is my second one. My other one had a masonite pad and I wore it out from cutting strips of wood for my model rr .

Gino - I hope I can pull it of somewhat close.

Sam - I make too many decisions and all are the hardest way to do things  I believe :lol:.

Rich - Thank you

Dennis, I was hoping you had one after seeing some of your projects.

Jacobus - I was hoping that would help you out.

Today's progress, got the cab to where I could give it a shot of primer and find all the hidden gremlins.

Ok, you sharp eyed Cummin's guys - I did a couple of modifications to my engine. One real obvious the other maybe not. 

Thanks for looking in and commenting :)

Wow!!! First of all, I can hardly believe the progress on this cab! If I would have tried to covert a K100 into a Diamond Reo Royal it would end up looking like a cabover Pacer. You have really captured this one! I like the added oil filters to the Cummins as well. It is a nice touch. It also looks to me like you corrected the heads or at least the valve covers as well, an even better touch!

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

Sean,

There may not be anyone chasing you ? But you are definitely pulling away from the pack !

The body work on the cab looks real good.
  Your tip about using the liquid solvent on the scribbed lines Is good . I have also used it to help prevent ghosting  of removed body lines etc.

Be Well

Gator