Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria.

Lovefordgalaxie

Thanks again guys!!

The paint I used is Automotive synthetic enamel, basically the same stuff Ford used to paint the real thing. 

The foil is homemade.  I make it myself with household aluminum foil and gold leaf bond. I'm saving a lot of money, and having way better results. BMF was getting full of orange peel, and it was NOT on the car paint, it was the foil. Once I started to use my own foil again (that's how I started foiling back when the dinosaurs walked the Earth) the problem vanished. 

When it comes to building these '50s Fords, you're the man! Another fine example of your work. Flawless paint job and very sharp BMF work. It looks just right overall, I wouldn't believe that this nice model is really a box stock build. Fantastic work, as always.

Thanks again gents!!

When it comes to building these '50s Fords, you're the man! Another fine example of your work. Flawless paint job and very sharp BMF work. It looks just right overall, I wouldn't believe that this nice model is really a box stock build. Fantastic work, as always.

Thank you!! 

Well, technically it's not box stock, if you consider the licence plate decals were not provided by AMT. I print my own, as I use Brazilian plates to pretend the car is mine:D

Looks pretty good to me, and I'm a Ford guy.

AMT 1956 Ford Vicky kit: 75 Reais.

Automotive paint, reducer, modeling paints, household foil, brushes, Tamiya tape, Revell glue, Loctite super glue, etc: 60 Reais.

Having the guy that inspired your builds since forever praising one of them: PRICELESS!!! :):)

Beautiful job, Tulio! Always liked the '56 in black. Did the doors give you any trouble? And will you try a glasstop Crown Vic next?

Thanks!

No, the doors were very straight forward to build. No problems there, what is kind of what I expected based on the many AMT '57 Fords I built and the couple of '58 Impalas. 

I wouldn't do a glass top, as I don't really like the looks the chrome crown gives the Crown Victoria Starliner.

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful job..hope to become as skilled as you some day..I gotta ask if you can discribe you're method of foiling the body script.. moulding is one thing but body lettering seem almost impossable for me..or is dry brushed?

On the badges, I foil them before painting the body. After the body is painted, then I use a toothpick and some thinner to reveal the chrome. 

Thanks for the reply much appreciated..I recently started a project and it has badges I want to try your method but I already painted the body with testors aztek acrylic..do you think I might be able to foil the lettering and put another coat of paint?? Also would thinner work on acrylic??

20160302_221045.jpg