Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eric Goodrich`s:: "IRON LUNG" - On the Workbench 2/8/16

John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).....here is a sneak peek of the painted body mocked-up on the frame......I airbrushed  the rainbow flakes mixed with clear that my good friend Eric Ellerbusch sent me to use......Eric is one hell of a painter one of the best out there.....thank you Eric .......then I airbrushed H.O.K. Pagan Gold Kandy over the flakes......then I added the first coat of clear over that......I tried to get as close to the the paint job that`s on the real car as possible......Eric Goodrich owner of the real car said I got the paint really close......so I will go with that.......I still need to wet sand the clear and add another coat of clear.......thanks for looking 

DSCF1394_zpshyypxkqh.jpg

DSCF1397_zpseuoznpnz.jpg

DSCF1388_zps2romjpxh.jpg

DSCF1386_zpscdye4wsw.jpg

DSCF1390_zpsjmdy8p2m.jpg

DSCF1392_zpsucar30tj.jpg

DSCF1393_zpsk6dnadwr.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

awsome !! tasty !! insane job !! love it !!! the craftmenship and detail in this is stunning !!! paint > whow ..... real fan of your work !!

can i talk about one small thing i keep thinking about ?? not ment offensive !! i feel when looking at the original thats more slanted forward .. this one backwards ..its not that i dislike it .. it kind of almost gives it a funky mixed look of a showrod vs gasser .. its also looking real wide in the front and narrow in the back

again i really dont dislike the look but lookin at the original its got a more narrow track in front and wider in the back .. and sitting more level ....again just a thought i had not ment in a bad way :)

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)......I got the last coat of clear on......I attached the body,wheels and engine to the frame.......I also attached the radiator hoses and gauges.......I also got the lights hooked up and wires hidden......also attached the gear box......it`s not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with......I will attach the headers and steering rod and finish up the interior next......thanks for looking