Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Wood Grain" Decals

I vividly recall there was an  aftermarket vendor that make a "wood grain" decals . In fact they offered several different types of wood grain Rosewood, Burl, Walnut, Oak Maple, Cherry, Cedar etc. For the  life of me I cannot recall ho it was can anyone tell me who that was and a web link?

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Uschi van der Rosten is in Germany the vendor I am refereeing to is a United States based outfit.

Uschi might be German but you can get those decals in US on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300987669452

If you look for wood grain decals in Toys & Hobbies > Models & Kits section you'll find many more.

Edited by peteski

I vividly recall there was an  aftermarket vendor that make a "wood grain" decals . In fact they offered several different types of wood grain Rosewood, Burl, Walnut, Oak Maple, Cherry, Cedar etc. For the  life of me I cannot recall ho it was can anyone tell me who that was and a web link?

In the past I have used some of the following: Chmneyville Hobbies, KA Models @ ka-models.com, Ken's Real-Wood adhesive back wood veneer, Ultrcal 5 @ innovativehobbysupply.com. You might also check with Gofer Decals. they seem to be coming up with something new all the time.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Uschi might be German but you can get those decals in US on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300987669452

If you look for wood grain decals in Toys & Hobbies > Models & Kits section you'll find many more.

I just got a set of these for another project and they are pretty spectacular.  I haven't used them yet and I need to conserve them as the project is quite large.  I got them from Last Cavalry.  http://shop.lastcavalry.com/brands/Uschi-van-der-Rosten.html  Great service and reasonable price!  They shipped the next day.

Peeked at the Uschi sight they seem to have some VERY interesting decal sets. Pete J the link to a U.S. distributor makes me more prone to make a purchase of several of their items.  I found the wood and leather decals particularly integrating. I have made purchases of overseas items in the past and deed dealing with exchange rates of various countries i.e. U.S. dollars v.s. Euros/Pounds/Franc/Marks etc., not to mention the painfully staggering wait (going thought customs/ item you bought is on a slow boat from the other side of the world etc. ) of door to door delivery.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Peeked at the Uschi sight they seem to have some VERY interesting decal sets. Pete J the link to a U.S. distributor makes me more prone to make a purchase of several of their items.  I found the wood and leather decals particularly integrating. I have made purchases of overseas items in the past and deed dealing with exchange rates of various countries i.e. U.S. dollars v.s. Euros/Pounds/Franc/Marks etc., not to mention the delay of door to door delivery.

I think you will find them interesting.  Several of the sets are just the graining on a clear carrier film so you can choose the base color.  If you wanted to, you could easily vary that color to make the grain more subtle and choose your type of wood, such as a dark brown for walnut or a very light color for maple.  I got the "plywood" set, as I am doing large plywood panels.  Going to be very interesting.  Good Luck!

I think you will find them interesting.  Several of the sets are just the graining on a clear carrier film so you can choose the base color.  If you wanted to, you could easily vary that color to make the grain more subtle and choose your type of wood, such as a dark brown for walnut or a very light color for maple.  I got the "plywood" set, as I am doing large plywood panels.  Going to be very interesting.  Good Luck!

Look forward to see the plywood plank panels project; hope you post pictures.

• 3 years later...